cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKMail have been terrible - anybody else had the same awful experience?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered an upgrade to an iphone 5S on Sunday 31st August.  I was buying it on my daughter's behalf.  I was promised a delivery by UKMail on the Tuesday. I made sure I was in all day.  The driver never showed up.  No card was left to say that delivery had been attempted..  Same story Wednesday.  And Thursday.  I phoned UKMail several times.  Each time I was told delivery would be the next day.  They often claimed the driver could not gain access.  That is not true.  At all times I was in the house.  In any event - no calling card has ever been left to prove an attempted delivery.  I phoned today Friday and was told the parcel was not even out for delivery.  I had a chat with O2 yesterday and was assured that O2 would email UKMail to ensure delivery happened.  Either the email was never sent or UKMail ignored it. 

When I phoned UKMail today (Friday) I was told that the parcel would now be delivered on Monday.  I have no reason whatsoever to believe that this delivery will happen.  I am not sure if they even have the phone still.

UKMail are almost impossible to contact by phone.  I had to sit in a queue for 30 minutes the first time I phoned them.  Other times the line just gets dropped while I am waiting in the queue.  This only adds to the frustration.  Emails I have sent have been ignored.

Anybody else had this trouble?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are a few complaints reported on the forum but not a huge amount.
It does seem that when it goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way though....
O2 is responsible for your phone until you sign for it so keep pestering CS until you get some support.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are a few complaints reported on the forum but not a huge amount.
It does seem that when it goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way though....
O2 is responsible for your phone until you sign for it so keep pestering CS until you get some support.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would certainly keep ringing O2. They are responsible for their delivery couriers.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi nick_dim_100 and Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear of your issues with your upgrade handset delivery.

If this was me I would put my complaint officially to O2 here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain and also to Uk Mail here https://www.ukmail.com/docs/default-source/help-support-documents/raising-a-mail-concern.pdf?sfvrsn=...

Let us know how you get on please and best of luck.
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Over the past couple of weeks we have  had a fair few complaints on here about UK mail. People having time off work to sign for a phone that never arrives

As said O2 are responsible for your phone until you receive it ....so it is them you should be ringing constantly...

I think O2 should be looking at a change of delivery courier..... UK Mail seem most unreliable..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5