cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Mail are a waste of bloody time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered a spare 'el cheapo' mobile via the O2 website on the 26 October 2014. Has  the said phone been delivered via UK Mail ???, has it hell.

First I got: .'...Your O2 order MS-xxxxxxxx has experienced a possible delay and we might not be able to deliver on Mon. Please contact Customer Care on 03451 554 455 quoting....' I did not really expect it to arrive next day, but honestly after checking the UK Mail tracking page to read the delivery process as being;

29th October 2014 08:44 At Delivery Location
27th October 2014 10:40 Booked/Awaiting Collection
27th October 2014 10:40 Collected
27th October 2014 09:00 Delayed

It sounds good but where is it?. Now the site says the item has been delivered, yeah bloody right, but not here!. I know finding country addresses can be problematic but can they not phone....

Trying to contact UK Mail is a waste of time. Fours times I called & was in a queue that never shortened. I tried emailing them via web-form, but either their site had issues or it would accept the mail & send out a generic email with a ref number, & that's it.They never email you back or help. 

Contacted O2 via the online chat & was told they had contacted UK Mail over this. Well I'm still waiting for my moby.

What a shoddy bunch of useless  crooks UK Mail are, I won't be buying aught more via the O2 website & in the future I'll find out who sites/companies use for delivery.

By the way I got a spare moby from Tesco Direct delivered via Yodel, they can deliver why is it so hard for UK Mail??.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different people have different priorities...take me as an example...I cant be without a mobile without a proper organizer with alerts (medical reasons)...when I ordered my new phone I was just upgrading so was fine with waiting for 2 weeks, but with the help of my kids my phone developed a fault that took constant rebooting and battery pulls to make it work, so the new phone became a priority.

I think if you have a working phone you will have a bit more patience and understanding than somebody that just had their phone stolen and has that number advertised everywhere for their business, for example.

Message 31 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very valid points @Anonymous

😄
Message 32 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I can fully appreciate what you are saying @Anonymous  but if it really is life and death or a requirement for a business phone, £10 at CPW will get you a phone to put your O2 sim card in.

The reality of the majority of situations is just a "must have now" mentality which is totally materialistic and a sad reflection on today's society......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or the market LOL (£15 samsung!!Now saved for emergencies).

But I also get your point @MI5 and unfortunately I think most people fall into "your category" either than mine Smiley Frustrated. The "must have every single new trendy gadget" society....

Message 34 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if I had a few hundred thousand parcels arrive daily how many I'd lose?

It's going to happen unfortunately. It shouldn't but it will.
Message 35 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would probably be more the dropping kind...so the status instead of "lost in transit" would be "damaged in transit"LOL

Message 36 of 45

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can never understand  the  must have now mentality. It's a phone not a life support machine....

Message 37 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

To me a mobile is a necessity, though it's nice having a spare as was the moby I ordered from O2 but has disappeared into the UK Mail ether/over a hedge/dyke or languishing in a UK Mail depot.

Just a pity O2 or UK Mail can't be honest with the customer as to the location of the said handset, when as the tracking said on the '29th October 2014 08:44 At Delivery Location' but having spoken to a Brit. based O2 advisor it's being returned to O2. Hmmmmmm...?

Anyway I've requested a refund, time will tell when that goes though...

the courier company really need to pull their socks up though, their 'Customer Service' is dire in fact  they should rename that to something else, & possibly edit out all ref to delivering on time, or to the correct recipient etc  in their company speil.

Message 38 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update Tyrianterror

I hope O2 at least ensure your refund goes through with out hitch and within a reasonable time frame.
Message 39 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A bad delivery service can reflect equally badly on the supplier of the goods.
As with everything, issues can arise but it's how they are dealt with that is important......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 45