cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Mail are a waste of bloody time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered a spare 'el cheapo' mobile via the O2 website on the 26 October 2014. Has  the said phone been delivered via UK Mail ???, has it hell.

First I got: .'...Your O2 order MS-xxxxxxxx has experienced a possible delay and we might not be able to deliver on Mon. Please contact Customer Care on 03451 554 455 quoting....' I did not really expect it to arrive next day, but honestly after checking the UK Mail tracking page to read the delivery process as being;

29th October 2014 08:44 At Delivery Location
27th October 2014 10:40 Booked/Awaiting Collection
27th October 2014 10:40 Collected
27th October 2014 09:00 Delayed

It sounds good but where is it?. Now the site says the item has been delivered, yeah bloody right, but not here!. I know finding country addresses can be problematic but can they not phone....

Trying to contact UK Mail is a waste of time. Fours times I called & was in a queue that never shortened. I tried emailing them via web-form, but either their site had issues or it would accept the mail & send out a generic email with a ref number, & that's it.They never email you back or help. 

Contacted O2 via the online chat & was told they had contacted UK Mail over this. Well I'm still waiting for my moby.

What a shoddy bunch of useless  crooks UK Mail are, I won't be buying aught more via the O2 website & in the future I'll find out who sites/companies use for delivery.

By the way I got a spare moby from Tesco Direct delivered via Yodel, they can deliver why is it so hard for UK Mail??.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Could be, but they failed to deliver to me on time last time around.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 45

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Pehaps it's the day of the week that matters ?

Or if the sun's out ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the same with all couriers I guess, like someone just mentioned. Some members of staff are good some are not...I guess It's the same with any kind of service you use...who you get will determine your customer experience and ur perception of the company.

Message 24 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sure o2 have some feedback system for their couriers. I do really think overall UK Mail are quite good, that's been my experience anyway,  and it's up to o2 whether  they deem the number of complaints acceptable or not. Don't forget they deliver hundreds of parcels per day and there will invariably be problems along the way. No complaints ever from me. ..

Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had mine on time about a month ago, so like I said It's down to staff...

But for future reference, if u ring 202, they can speak to the courier, give u an answer straight away on what is happening. If they don't know where it is, they will put a trace and if its missing, it will get barred and and a new one sent out.Hope this helps.:smileyhappy:

Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have thought that @Anonymous too but on some previous threads we've heard of the customer being messed around and left hanging while they (02) and the courier company bang their heads together.
Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 does need to wait a few days to give the courier a chance to find the handset, and then if missing order another one, that also needs to be delivered. I can understand from a customers point of view that you get tired of waiting and at that point you just want your phone Bang

Message 28 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed.

The buying experience is somewhat tarnished especially if not put right in a reasonable timeframe.
Message 29 of 45

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's understandable that people "just want their phone" but in my experience it's never a life or death situation.
I just had to wait 6 weeks for the Note 4 of my choice - I didn't die waiting and it just made it even more exciting when it finally did arrive slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 45