Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try The Tech: Samsung Galaxy Note Review

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I was recently given the opportunity to try out the Samsung Galaxy Note (sorry I cannot remember the model of it - maybe @Toby knows). 

I haven't used a Samsung/Android product for a while so it was like a new experience.  Here is my review - from a novice point of view........

Well I got the phone out of the box. It looked very stylish. The one thing I liked as soon as I saw the phone was the back of it- it's like a leather effect. The only downside was the size of it. I was imagining making a call and having that giant phone next to my ear. I wouldn't say it's ideal for calling but it looks good to text and browse the internet.
I wouldn't say I'm an expert at phones but I'm not a novice either.  However I felt a bit stupid as it took me a while to take the back off the phone to put my sim in it.
I can usually do simple things. Maybe I had a blonde moment I don't know, but I couldn't find a distinct button to turn the phone on. 
Once I finally had the phone turned on I then had the task of trying to navigate through it. I haven't used a Samsung phone for a few months but I struggled to use it.   I had difficulty moving between pages and multitasking.  I had to ask one of my friends (who has an older Galaxy Note model) to help me with the basics.

The speed of the phone was good (once I was shown how to use it properly LOL).

I used it with a new O2 sim and the signal was very strong - full bars.  There didn't seem to be any interference (I have some interference with my iPhone Smiley Mad ).

The colour contrast and the camera pixels are excellent. 

Overall I would give this phone 7 out of 10

24 Comments