cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken to receive Amazon referral vouchers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I joined O2 on a 12 month pay monthly contract June 2014. I joined via a referral where I should receive £40 in Amazon vouchers and the person who referrs me gets the same.

I received a email on 13th August to say my account had been validated and to choose my "reward", I chose Amazon vouchers. Since then I have heard nothing from Amazon. I have contacted them several times via webchat and each time the advisor says they will personnaly see that I will receive an email with the Amazon voucher code. This has been going on for weeks now and still nothing has been sent.

So, has anyone received Amazon vouchers and if so how long did it take?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That's a reasonable assumption and we hope you get the vouchers as promised....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
A good choice of action.

I hope this is resolved for you Asap.

Hopefully the complaint sent will help move this along.
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you received an email from the complaints team yet?

Message 23 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

well we don't know when he raised the complaint...hopefully it shouldn't be to longThoughful

Message 25 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 26 of 31

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I had mine confirmed for months ago,  still waiting...... 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 27 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It seems a waste of time to be honest. You refer someone and neither of you get the vouchers. What must the person you referred think of O2, first impressions and all that slight_frown

Message 28 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It seems a waste of time to be honest. You refer someone and neither of you get the vouchers. What must the person you referred think of O2, first impressions and all that slight_frown

Seems a real con to me if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

We was told over 2 months ago we would get our vouchers within 28 days once we started querying where our vouchers were.  O2's latest reply via facebook is the exact same answer and that they are having difficulty getting the vouchers.  They are now trying to tell us we are not shown as due for vouchers.  Yet we have a copy of the live chat order that said we would definitely get the vouchers.  Going to have to write to complaints now.  Needless to say our contracts will not be renewed again, the first is due for renewel December so that's the 1st to leave.

Message 30 of 31