Did you mean: 

Thinking of an upgrade.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Afternoon guys,

I'm thinking of paying off my device and then speaking to retentions to see what/if they'll offer me on a new device and contract.

Any tips on the process please?

I'm obviously going to unlatch my current device before paying it off though.

Any insight or pointers would be gratefully received!

C xx
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you don't get a decent offer from the first agent in Retentions then call back...

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone them up, tell them your going to pay the device plan off, then ask to speak to retention so & eek what your offered, best advice is to pay off the device over the phone then go instore & do your upgrade. Plus as you well know it will be the best chance of walking out with your chosen phone
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you don't get a decent offer from the first agent in Retentions then call back...

Message 3 of 13

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Phone them up, tell them your going to pay the device plan off, then ask to speak to retention so & eek what your offered, best advice is to pay off the device over the phone then go instore & do your upgrade. Plus as you well know it will be the best chance of walking out with your chosen phone

For some reason I was under the impression that in store you're much less likely to get any sort of concession? Although, it's much more appealing walking away with the device from the store than relying on UK mail. It's the chance of a good deal that I'm after. 

Ooh I'm already starting to have a browse at the new phones out there.... Don't u just love that new phone feeling? 

Happy Dance

Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's igloo improbable that you will get any sort of deal instore. Retentions is the best option for this but then you have the uncertainty of stock....

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only kind of concessions you would get instore is if you recycled your phone & the money would be used to pay towards your new device plan or the upfront cost of your new phone or would be credited to your airtime bill
Message 6 of 13

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Lol @Anonymous the "deal" from retentions is one of the reasons I'm looking to renegotiate a new upgrade though. Thanks for the info all the same.

It'll be a call to retentions then @jonsie I'll let you all know what/if I manage to wangle..
Message 7 of 13

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6979 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Good luck @gindygoo slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @gindygoo How did it go after the first call? Any good offers?
Message 10 of 13