cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The scrapping of all charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was about to email O2 to appeal to them about our charges. we arrived in Istanbul on thursday late night, had an outing on friday then the Coup happened. Sat up al night listening to fighter jets, explosions, on Saturday there was shooting outside our hotel, we luckily got a flight arranged for early sunday morning, has anyone tried to talk to O2 about similar siuation?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
O2 have, in the past, helped out customers in such circumstances.
Call CS (not live chat) and ask if they will offer a goodwill gesture. Obviously they are not obliged to do so, but in these circumstances, they may help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It was suggested yesterday by some members that O2 look at this as a matter of urgency.

With everything going on in the world nowadays, people need to know they wont incur vast charges if they get caught up in these atrocities

Though as said, until it is implemented any refund will be made as a goodwill gesture

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When the last massacre happened on a Turkish beach I'm sure O2 gave free phone calls to and from Turkey for a period of time.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, I'm sure they did.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Tunisia ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Tunisia ?

Thinking back it could well have been. They did set a precedent though.

Message 7 of 7