cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of BlackBerry on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a question possibly for the moderators like Toby and Chiara, but I'd like to bring up O2's lack of BlackBerry models on sale.

With only the Q5 and Q10 available now, and despite the Z10 and Z30 being available to stock (I got my Z10 from O2 last year), are O2 no longer going to sell/stock BlackBerry smartphones? Will there be a lack of support for existing devices in the future?

Why aren't O2 stocking legacy BBOS7 devices such as a cheaper Curve model like the 9720 or the 9320 any longer? Surely there is still a huge customer base using Curve handsets?

I'm not one to suggest an ulterior motive, so as a long term BlackBerry user on O2 it would be interesting to hear the official stance as to why O2 have seriously slimmed down the choice of BlackBerry phones available.

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What is a blackberry?

Don't ask O2 - you'll get the wrong answer 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was about to say similar to that MI5...and how sad that O2 are so damned shortsighted...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 95

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Absolutely crazy imho 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 95

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There must be some logic in this business decision but for the life of me I can't think what it is.

Message 44 of 95

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Capture.JPG

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 45 of 95

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so this post was ignored in the Off-Topic thread about the Passport so lets see if it gets an answer here...

So Forbes is calling the Passport sexy and cool, and have provided a neat infographic on people's opinions on the phone when they first see it:

passportsurveygraphicupdate.png

We also have influential people like Lord Alan Sugar, Jason Calacanis, Tim Allen and Piers Morgan praising the Passport (please not, not all of these people are influential...I'm looking at you Piers). Tech2 calling it "the truly innovative smartphone of 2014" , positive reviews from other sites like knowyourmobile.com and its selling out wherever it is available...yet O2 have deemed the phone not suitable for its customers!

@Chris_K Can I ask another question since I havent had an answer to my last one...this "panel" of "experts" who decide which phones are best for O2 and its customers....do they actually use the phones before deciding?

Message 47 of 95

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've just been using one of the demos at CPW and although I'm strictly android, it was quite impressive.

I do think O2 need to give us some form of reasoned response on this subject.

Message 48 of 95

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Please see an O2 response below:

"The decision not to stock the Passport is a business decision based on several factors that we will not go into. Our goal is to range the best array of handsets that we feel customers will want - not the largest. We refresh our offerings regularly, removing old devices that no longer sell to make way for new devices and stock.

We fully support our existing Blackberry customers and will always help them if they have issues, and if we range future Blackberries we'll of course do the same for them. We understand this decision may be frustrating, but if you’re after a Passport or other Blackberry device, we hope you’re able to get your hands on one from other avenues.”

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 49 of 95

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions