cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of BlackBerry on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a question possibly for the moderators like Toby and Chiara, but I'd like to bring up O2's lack of BlackBerry models on sale.

With only the Q5 and Q10 available now, and despite the Z10 and Z30 being available to stock (I got my Z10 from O2 last year), are O2 no longer going to sell/stock BlackBerry smartphones? Will there be a lack of support for existing devices in the future?

Why aren't O2 stocking legacy BBOS7 devices such as a cheaper Curve model like the 9720 or the 9320 any longer? Surely there is still a huge customer base using Curve handsets?

I'm not one to suggest an ulterior motive, so as a long term BlackBerry user on O2 it would be interesting to hear the official stance as to why O2 have seriously slimmed down the choice of BlackBerry phones available.

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Awaiting with much interest, and maybe a suggestion in the staff box at work....

Message 91 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll be honest, I don't know where to start! The phone is just so...perfect and has so many little surprises!

But it will all be revealed...Evil

Indeed...pictures and more of them....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had my first play with a Passport in CPW and it really is a nice piece of kit! The screen is so clear and bright, the keyboard is fantastic and BB 10.3 has made a real difference as well.

Now I just need to decide whether to get it now, or wait till my contract is upcoming in february...
Message 93 of 95

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I had a 5 minute try-out in CPW last week and was impressed. Not enough to buy one but impressed nonetheless.

Message 94 of 95

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To me it appeared more useful than the fireflop. Not a user of bb myself but even if found it easier to navigate than the amazon/android mess on the fire.
I cannot understand why a network that has its own successful business side would omit blackberry from its lineup. Very strange.
Message 95 of 95