Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

scottw744
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hey

i just wanted to look into this thread as i have used the live chat a few times now

i must say it has always be extremely positive, the advisors are always extremely fast and helpful and i never have anything left unanswered, i have just had to use them again as an issue with my account came up and it was rectified in moments and the advisor was very friendly and helpful, i hope that these message's get passed on to them, if not they should so they know they are doing a great job

thank you all

Message 71 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks Scott, I shall pass on your comments slight_smile

Feel free to make any more that you have whenever.
Welcome to the community too.

Get involved:

Message 72 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear O2,

I'm not sure what's wrong with your customer support, but I've been trying to cancel a sim card that was sent to me that I never requested and have been charged double for two accounts. The service, even though professional and courteous, is an example of really BAD CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE:

I had a pay as you go number when I arrived in the UK and I wanted to switch it to pay monthly.
I did not want a new number and sim. This all started end of January (25th of Jan I believe)

1. Your sales guy sent me a new sim which was odd when I was only switching contracts. I then received the sim card which was a micro sim and I use a nano sim. I spoke to your support again and they told me to throw the sim card away if i didn't need it. I told them I wanted to keep my current O2 number, but switch contracts.
They did not cancel the new sim card number.

2. I got in touch cause I got billed for a sim I threw away and a contract I thought was cancelled. After a long conversation, they said they deactivated the account and transferred the pay monthly to my number ending with 955.

3. I went into an O2 store by Angel to make sure it was cancelled. The guy also commented and said he didn't undertand why they sent me a new sim when I only wanted to swicth contracts. He helped me set up the account but said the other account was still active and I needed to speak to support

4. I spoke to support again,had some tech guy delete my account and transfer me to your cancellation line. I thought everything was solved, deleted all chat logs and went on with life.

5. I just realised today, I got charged TWICE as i get two emails from you. Before I thought it was a glitch in the system, but then guess what? I could log in that other SIM card account (which was supposedly deleted twice)

6. I speak to your support TODAY and explain everything who can't find ANY chat logs btw and he says he CANCELS the account and transfers me to another department for being refunded and that person says he can see all my cancellation requests but that my account HASN'T BEEN CANCELLED.

7. I am now back in your cancellation department, waiting for my account to be cancelled.

Message 73 of 463

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
What you should have done was to transfer your old PAYG account to the new sim card (CS were correct to send you a new sim as a contract sim is different to a PAYG one).
I think a misunderstanding of how the system works has created this confusion unfortunately but it should be easy enough for CS to sort out.
Do you still have your PAYG account or has that now been converted to a monthly contract ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes you needed to keep the new sim card and do a simple number change. It's a shame that you are now having to sort this out given that the process applied by O2 was correct. A simple misunderstanding on your part I think but it should be easily resolved by calling 202.

Message 75 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say that although I am leaving o2 (have found a better deal elsewhere), I have always had great support and customer service from the people at the other side of the live chat, even in a rather long discussion that ended in my ending my contract with o2 (couldn't quite match the deal I was after) the handler, Vic, was very helpful and friendly. Surprised at not getting an evaluation thing at the end as I normally do, so I'd thought I'd just pass on my appreciation and thanks on here.

Message 76 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for your thoughts Goingoinggone! slight_smile

@Anonymous , if you're still having issues, do send me a private message and we can have a chat.

Get involved:

Message 77 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby.
They have asked me to wait 2 weeks to resolve my issue. I've waited more than 4 months so 2 weeks seems like nothing. I'm just hoping it won't be another 2 hr live chat discussion bounced around different departments.

Message 78 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always had pleasent experiences from the Live Chat, its really good and handy. Saves me the trouble of having to call and wait on the phone.

Its a bit annoying that it sometimes isnt available on your website during the day time, I assume its because its busy and you keep having to refresh the page until it changes to "live chat available". Surely, allowing people to just wait until someone becomes available shouldnt be that hard.

Message 79 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let me know how you get on G0tM3at.

@eagle86; Thanks for your thoughts and welcome! I'll pass them to the team.

Get involved:

Message 80 of 463