Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Surely asking here is no different to email?
If it's not account specific we can help and usually much quicker than via any other method of contact.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 371 of 463

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If its a phone specific, settings, procedural query we can certainly help. The only thing we can't do is see your account.

Message 372 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

No wonder O2 live chat is so busy. I just spent 35 minute with a simple request for a pac code. The operator then went into a retention pitch and 30 minutes later reminded me that O2 customer service was the best in the industry. Not in my case! Language was US English and just added to a feeling that I was one of numerous live chats the operator was involved in and the pac code was still not forthcoming!

Message 373 of 463

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's part of their job to talk you into staying - that's why you need to contact o2 to get a PAC and why you can't get it online automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 374 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not overly impressed with the manner and grammer from my recent chat experience.

SEAN: is there any current deals for example if I wanted to keep my current phone and tariff but wanted a tablet?
O2: For an tablet you'll need to take an new contract
O2: As tablets are not available on upgrades
SEAN : shame, I think I will stick with my current tariff then thank you.
O2: It's not shame Sean you can only upgrade from an phone contract to another phone contract as it's an refresh contract .
O2: Tablet deals are completely different it includes just texts and data
O2: Phone contract's include calling as well as text and data
O2: That's the difference .
O2: If you wish to have a look at the Tablets deal I can transfer you to sales team they'll help you with it .
SEAN : Ok no need to get shirty.
SEAN : I will leave it thank you
O2: Completely your decision slight_smile

Message 375 of 463

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be fair, he didn't get shirty, he mistook the word "shame"... for "same" and proceeded to inform you why the tablet tariff is different from mobile.
For all its failings, live chat was correct to explain this to you, but unfortunately it was because the operator misunderstood a word.
Message 376 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask them how to access webmail. Totally useless information and no answer.

Message 377 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear this, what info (if any) did they actually provide to you?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 378 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Not sure why you would be having a problem now as this was meant to be sorted. However I will ask @Toby our community manager to advise you further...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 379 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Snap @Toby Far too quick this morning...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 380 of 463