Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a little frustrated to say the least.  Sorry but I usually find live chats a really good way to communicate but I was cut off at just after 6.00 yesterday - before my problem could be solved.  It took an hour to get to the point we did.  I do understand that it was Sunday and that the site closed at 6.00 but there was no warning from Jake that I was out of time.

Today I just want to email - I am off to work soon and cannot be here until 8.00 tonight when the chat lines close again.  I have no data (paying for it but it is not working) and I would just like contact with someone where it is not going to take me another hour to fix it.  Email would be soooo much easier for me.  I also dont want to sit on the phone, go through endless 'press 3 for' options and eventually get to talk to someone.

The chat lines have been busy all morning and I cannot wait around for an agent to become free.  Please advise.  Thank you

Message 331 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous That must have been really frustrating. Sadly there is no email address for O2 ...you can only contact them via the routes shown in this link...and I am sure there will be a wait. Personally I have always found the best time to phone them is just after 8am in the morning....http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 332 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cleoriff,  but I just cant face the wait on the phone too.  It is now 14.36 and there is still no luck with the chat line!!  No agents are available.  

I was persuaded to swap to o2 from GiffGaff and am seriously starting to regret the decision.  At least I could get pretty prompt contact with any help I needed.  😞

Message 333 of 463

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was persuaded to swap to o2 from GiffGaff and am seriously starting to regret the decision.  At least I could get pretty prompt contact with any help I needed.  😞

The same level of customer to customer service is available here too.

O2 also has a phone number you can call, unlike gg. (when they answer) slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 334 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly my problem.  Except that I did get through yesterday - it took an hour - was incredibly slow and was cut off with a 'please give me a minute' at around 6.00pm.  I know that was shutting down time for them but a sorry we will have to continue this another time - would have been at least honest.

So far the 'Help' section has been anything but . . .

Message 335 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous Can you try again just after 8am tomorrow?...It is by far the best time to ring...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 336 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion but phoning is really not going to help me.  My problem is that I have no connection to the internet - just get a message saying that I am not subscribed to a data service.  I need to be able to access the menus on my phone to be able to fix it - if they can.  It would be a little tricky doing that and speaking on the phone.

It is great that it is possible to communicate in that way but if they offer a live chat service it really should be able to cope with demand.  I have never had a problem like this before and have used live chat on a number of occasions - it is generally a really effective way to solve any issues - particularly technical ones.

Message 337 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is great that they answer the phone but it wont help when I need technical assistance and the live chat would be a better way of doing it.  Talking through a problem on the phone and accessing menus etc at the same time on the same device is not easy.  As I have said in another post - if they offer a live chat service it should be free some time during the day.  

Message 338 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5.  I really do appreciate the suggestions I have been given and don't want to sound negative here.  However, I have never had this level of frustration with getting help from GiffGaff.  In this particular instance I want to be able to access Live Chat to solve a technical problem - not to speak to someone.  However, having that option is really, really good - just not in this particular case.

Thought I would try the Guru's instead and head into my o2 shop - only four available appointments on two days and all times when I am at work!

Message 339 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I have sent you a PM.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 340 of 463