Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the Live Chats are good and useful, but the general O2 service is still rubbish. Just over a week to get the phone delivered, and now four days and counting to transfer the phone number from the old phone to the new one...

Message 411 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

around a month ago my Iphone 5s started playing silly games one day it would be fine next it would say no service. i spoke to a "Guru" who said yes he could see I was having problems and would send me out a new sim! it duly arrived some days later! I was not having problems with the old sim at this time and so left the new sim in its packaging. sunday last week i woke to find my Iphone displaying No Service! out came the old sim and in went the new sim. i followed instructions on the screen to activate the new sim card! No service! i contacted a guru who said I needed to activate the sim? he asked for IMEI number did a few checks and said! it would be up and running within 24hrs Perfect! 24hrs later No Service. I contacted a guru he said "you need to take out the sim card and reinsert it and everything will be fine! 24hrs later You guessed it No Service. I have just finished talking to a GURU who has checked everything and has said it ws because my old sim was still active normally it would take 24hrs for my new sim to be active and old sim to be diactivated. but he was going to do it immediately. 30 minutes later Guess what......."No Service" cant call customer service to complain because my sim cards not activated!!! very frustrated and about to lauch O2 contract out the window along with the Iphone

Message 412 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you need to do a sim swap? http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Also info here re activating a new sim http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 413 of 463

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

In future if you need to contact O2 without a working mobile you can ring from a landline. Number in this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 414 of 463

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The customer can't do a sim swap without 2 working sim cards.
I suggest you call cs from a landline and ask them to activate the new sim card
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 415 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The customer can't do a sim swap without 2 working sim cards.
I suggest you call cs from a landline and ask them to activate the new sim card

Thats why I asked if he needed to do one. Fortunately I gave the link to activate the sim in my post....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 416 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

around a month ago my Iphone 5s started playing silly games one day it would be fine next it would say no service. i spoke to a "Guru" who said yes he could see I was having problems and would send me out a new sim! it duly arrived some days later! I was not having problems with the old sim at this time and so left the new sim in its packaging. sunday last week i woke to find my Iphone displaying No Service! out came the old sim and in went the new sim. i followed instructions on the screen to activate the new sim card! No service! i contacted a guru who said I needed to activate the sim? he asked for IMEI number did a few checks and said! it would be up and running within 24hrs Perfect! 24hrs later No Service. I contacted a guru he said "you need to take out the sim card and reinsert it and everything will be fine! 24hrs later You guessed it No Service. I have just finished talking to a GURU who has checked everything and has said it ws because my old sim was still active normally it would take 24hrs for my new sim to be active and old sim to be diactivated. but he was going to do it immediately. 30 minutes later Guess what......."No Service" cant call customer service to complain because my sim cards not activated!!! very frustrated and about to lauch O2 contract out the window along with the Iphone

So as of now, you have two inactive sim cards?

Or is the original sim card, the "old" one still active?

Is the new sim card active - even though it still has it's original number?

Message 417 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like the O2 Chat advisors have lied to me continually throughout the last few days to appease me and get me to rate them highly.

O2: "Your sim card will be activated in 24 hours, please do not worry"

Wait 48 hours.

O2: "Your sim card will be working in 4 hours, I have made this a priority for you"

Wait 24 hours.

O2: "I will activate your sim card now, check your phone"

Sim works, did the past advisors not activate the card?

O2: "No, it had not been activated yet".

---
And now the same story with unbarring a barred device, "Not a problem" "Do not worry" "It would usually take 24 hours but I've made you a priority" ... 48 hours later nothing has happened, pathetic service.

Message 418 of 463

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But if you'd visited here before you would have known Live Chat are rubbish less than effective and to have used the phone in CS instead.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 419 of 463

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Call customer service and speak to someone, normally they are very helpful.

Message 420 of 463