Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been waiting over a year for vouchers. Had 7 long conversations on live chat. Every one tells me that they have got authorisation from a manager and it's sorted. Useless people. How hard can it be.
Message 271 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've started to hear a few good reports just lately so hopefully things are improving......
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
nil desperandum

Must be O2 staff then.
Message 272 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Personally if you are chasing up vouchers...I would avoid live chat. They are ok for some basic issues but this should be sorted by speaking to someone from Customer Services...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 273 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used live chat recently when my Xperia E4G wouldn't connect to 4G. The conversation lasted about an hour, with first and second line advisors being very friendly and patient. All the steps they took me through seemed logical and I have absolutely no complaints about them. 

However, my issue wasn't resolved, but today I believe I found the problem. I thought you might want to add this to the support checklist: 

My phone was set for PAYG instead of 'pay monthly'. I guess I must have changed it accidentally while flicking through the settings. Once corrected, it allowed me to select the '4G operator' and 'prefered network' settings with 4G working perfectly.

Message 274 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So glad you had a positive experience with Live Chat @Anonymous even though your issue was resolved by yourself and not them.....Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 275 of 463

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Whenever I have a query I always try live chat first (in the hope that they have improved) but inevitably I always end up getting no where after an inordinate amount of time and have to ring 202 to get my issues sorted out!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 276 of 463

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I just cut out the middleman and go straight to 202. I rarely have issues to be honest especially when away from home as I only use tugo.

Message 277 of 463

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I believe live chat are able to deal now with account issues. I personally would still call 202 and speak to someone rather than something being lost in translation. 

Message 278 of 463

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've used Live Chat on a number of occasions for anything from basic account queries (ie. when does my contract run out), through to more complex issues such as transferring a mobile number from one account to another.

On the whole, the advisors are helpful. However, I would only really recommend the Live Chat facility to anyone with a basic query. I'd always recommend talking to someone via 202 if the issue was more complex.

I definitely wouldn't set up a new contract over Live Chat. I'd much prefer to talk to someone on the phone.

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 279 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well apart from having no advisors available, maybe due to my signsl problems, when asked about non existant signal was told O2 was experiencing TEMPORY difficulties but would be sorted out soon that was a month or so ago, but I still cannot seem to receive calls or texts or send texts and only occasionally make calls, not happy I'm afraid. Tho must say your experts are always friendly and helpful, but there is only so much they can do!
Message 280 of 463