Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Aye.... and more tears afore bedtime too 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 221 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

seriously  now, either im being held on the phone at 202 for over 30 mins for it to be cut off on me, or a live chat where they 'transfer me' to the upgrade people, but i have to stare at my screen for over an hour to a message saying "Hold that thought. You're not connected yet." for nearly A MONTH NOW!!! if i dont get to upgrade by the end of next week, i am leaving O2, Your help system is actually ridiculous

Message 222 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday spent 1hr 30m on chat got passed to 5 different advisors - with the last one advising me to resolve the problem I could take out a new contract then get o2 to cancel the current one - yep and I zip up the back as well
Complete and utter waste of time and effort.

Message 223 of 463

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have read through the thread you will have gathered that live chat are generally not to be trusted for anything other than easy and straightforward issues. Unfortunately their is little they can do if your problem doesn't fit into any of the tick boxes they work from.
If it's not a specific account issue we try and help on here and mostly with much more success than from live chat......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 224 of 463

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

New contract, perfect solution. Always better to speak to someone as you've found.

Message 225 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the live chat box this afternoon and had my query dealt with by  someone from customer side and someone from the business side. Both were very helpful, polite and cheery. I was passed to the appropriate department quickly and was given assistance with everything i needed. I received a very good service. Thank you.

Message 226 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I used the live chat box this afternoon and had my query dealt with by  someone from customer side and someone from the business side. Both were very helpful, polite and cheery. I was passed to the appropriate department quickly and was given assistance with everything i needed. I received a very good service. Thank you.

Excellent news. Makes a change to have some good feedback....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 227 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'd like to pass on more useful feedback to the team about Live Chat for potential future improvements and development. Can you please list anything (positive or negative) you have experienced recently?

Many thanks indeed slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 228 of 463

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 229 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

I woke up on Sunday to find my phone wasn't charging, I contacted o2 via live chat that afternoon and the helpful and polite advisors booked the phone in for repair as it was still under warranty. They sent me an email with a template for free postage to their repair centre. I packaged it up and sent it using Royal Mail on the Monday afternoon. Through the helpful o2 repairs tracker I could see that the phone had arrived this morning at 9am and repair work began at 11:45. This evening I got an email telling me that the phone was repaired and had been despatched back to the delivery address I stipulated during live chat. Assuming it arrives back soon, I'm delighted with the Customer Service I have encountered. If I was to be hyper critical my only complaint would be that the free postage didn't seem to cover my phone if it was lost in the mail service, otherwise really well done o2 😁

Message 230 of 463