Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I read that earlier.... and thought hang on... when I am online I must come back and read it again as I couldn't see anyone else called Isaac mentioned on the thread....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 431 of 463

Gregory19530510
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a quick statement when you ask a question that dont fall into any boxes , the agent dont seam to know what to do

Message 432 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Gregory19530510 wrote:

Just a quick statement when you ask a question that dont fall into any boxes , the agent dont seam to know what to do

Yes people have said before that they appear to follow a script....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 433 of 463

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Correct wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 434 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Gregory19530510,

Sorry, I missed this post! Welcome to the community slight_smile

What issues did you need advice on? I can make sure its covered in future conversation topic lists.

Get involved:

Message 435 of 463

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I had a horrible experience with live chat this weekend - twice. The first assistant basically seems to have made things up regarding my forthcoming refresh upgrade (I saved screen grabs). He claimed I have to go to a store and can reserve my phone for the forthcoming upgrade as I was concerned about availability as they are prioritising new customers over old ones. When I went to the store (taking time to travel there for this purpose) I was told you can't do this! So lots of time wasted. Because you can't get through to o2 on the phone I went on chat again and got at first an assistant who kept stating things which were not relevant and seemed to not understand what I was asking. I was then passed onto someone else who basically gave the impression they don't give a damn about their old customers and will do nothing to ensure they will have stock for the thousands of refresh contract holders who are due to upgrade on the 25th. They will have no stock ready. Nothing. This seems a callous plan to move your contract even further in time line so the following year you would be months from the iPhone release date. "Is there anything else" was their parting shot. I would have imagined they would wish to keep old customers happy! But seems not. This chat function is useless and a company this size can't organise a dedicate phone line for refresh customers!???
Message 436 of 463

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Live chat is amazing! I only had to tell the person 6 times I didn't have my phone yet so couldn't use that to try reordering a iPad. And then it only took 3 times of repeating that yes I was already with o2. The sheer ineptitude is astounding. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all 5 people I spoke to yesterday for wasting a few hours of my time, not listening to me and helping to add a few more credit searches on my file! It's a good job we don't really need things like a credit score, and that lenders won't see multiple searches in a short period as a bad thing... oh wait a second! 

Message 437 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

My recent live chat experiance was absolutely awful. Dealt witha  few O2 advisors by this point (through live chat, phone and in person and this was certainly far down there as one of the worst). Initially spoke to one advisor to ask about whether I would be eligible for the Note 7 replacement. They confirmed I would be before passing me to someone in the returns department for clarification. Once this was done they mentioned this wasn't the case, backtracked on everything and seemed to just go in circles. Having called Samsung I amaware that everything they told me was incorrect (spoke to someone else at O2 today and it's all cleared up) however this individual on web chat seemed determined to make the same point and even start to talk down as if I wasn't comprehending what they were saying.

In addition, the grammar used by teh first advisor was shocking. I could forgive the occasional typo but for a text-based customer service role it seemed absolutely horrendous and required a couple of attempts to read through in order to grasp what they were saying. Really dissapointing as I would love to use this service more but I am really put off by this 😞

Message 438 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

More info to feed back @Toby. Poor customer experiences posted above...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 439 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience there. I can share this with the team so that w e can work on it. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any further details to share.

Get involved:

Message 440 of 463