cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called to unlock my phone on 16 March. Got PAC and told 7 working days to unlock ie.25 Mar at latest. I would receive e-mail when unlocked. By 27 Mar phone still not unlocked.

Did a text chat twice (a very un helpful and slow system especially when the people hardly know anything about their own systems). While waiting to find out what was going on had a phone conversation and arranged phone and broadband package with Utilities Warehouse with a real person who knew what he was talking about. Eventually O2 person asked for my e-mail address (which they must already have in their system) and texted that they would get back to me!

24 hours later still not unlocked or any info.

It was interesting that my Direct Debit was taken on the 24 Mar. Very convenient. Going to see the bank about getting that returned. Will also contact Ombudsman as this smacks of sharp practice. As a Which member will also be putting in a report on O2.

My new provider is also waiting to connect me to their network.

A really BAD service made worse by incompetance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you have been having problems. As you have used live chat with no success and your phone is still locked .....then talk to O2 Customer Services directly again

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Some information here on unlocking your phone

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network#qs

Unlock form here

Unlock Form

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the OP is slightly confused @Anonymous

The PAC code does not unlock your phone. It is a code that allows you to port your number to another network. Once you have this you give it to your new network who will arrange number port. You need to use this code within 30 days or request a new one.

With a phone unlocking code, once you have received this which usual takes up to 7 days, you have to follow the instructions on your device, enter the code and that should unlock your phone. It sounds like you are expecting your phone to be unlocked by o2 over the air so to speak which is not the case
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Just to add, as the OP only made initial contact with O2 on the 16th March and 30 days notice for of end of contract is required, O2 are fully entitled to take that direct debit on the 24th.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely @Cleoriff.

Once the OP uses the pac (port authorisation code) with his / her new network that will effectively act as notice and end the contract. If the OP account with o2 is in credit at the end then o2 will refund automatically around 14 days later.
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

The OP will need an O2 sim to unlock the phone. If the number has already ported to the new provider, they won't be able to do that. The OP also never said what phone they have. It may not be locked at all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If the OP comes back with the relevant info such as phone model we can advise further but people who are insistent on using live chat are invariably disappointed unfortunately. Speaking to customer service is sadly the still the way to go especially with regards to closing accounts.

Message 7 of 7