cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service,

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a customer of o2 for the past 10+ years i had really hoped to expect better from O2, i firstly went for an upgrade instore and was offerd £120 for my old phone, perfect i thought,. i signed my new contract, took possesion of my new phone, the samsung galaxy s6, and was just about to had over my old phone, when I was told it was only worth £60, which i was not to happy about. I decided to keep my old phone, and decided the next day to return the new phone and cancel the new contract , as i only agreed to the new phone because it was a good deal, and could get a much better pay monthly deal, elsewhere. Now, the guy in the shop only canceled the phone part of my contract and not the tarriff, I was not told at any point that i needed to phone O2 to cancel this, one phone call to O2 later and this was sorted, and was told that i would recieve a final bill within a few weeks, this was November 2015

Going through the process i was informed that i had a disconnection bill of £77, I challenged this, being way to high, phoned customer services, and was informed that i will recieve the correct disconecction bill within 14 working days. After 14 days had passed, this bill remained at £77, agian i phoned o2, and was told to wait a few more days, to see if this had been corrected.

Now fed up of making phone calls on my days off, a week or two later , i decided to use the live chat feature, explained the situation, and to the guys credit, was asked to leave it with him and that someone would sort this,  This did resolve the first problem, and high five to this guy, whos name i forgot, but he was brillient.

Now, due to moving house and changing my bank details, i was unable to pay the bill online strait away, this included any online products that i wished to buy via my bank card.

Now going to pay my bill online i was presented with a new problem, that i had taken too long to pay my incorrect bill, and that i needed to phone the O2 payment team. When i phoned the team I was told tjhat my bill had been forwarded to a debt collection agency - i am livid - My final bill went from £77 down to around £16 pounds, a diffrence of more than £60 - i was also liviid at the mark going on my credit file due to this - I asked for the debt collection details so i could pay this strait away, was informed that O2 were not able to give this information out and i should wait for the letter.

I have now payed this bill on the 1st of febuary, yet my online account is still showing as unpaid, I have  logged a complaint at the beginging of this month, was told that i would be contacted within 5 working days, i am yet to hear anything from anyone except a blank email sent from O2, when i contacted o2 again via live chat, i was told to wait-  this again has now been over a week.  

Why should i have to pay a bill that was four time greater than the acctual bill i was supposed to pay, im not rich, i dont have a spare £60 spare to pay, and then hopefully claim and fight back for at a later date, i can see from other posts on hear that O2 are not the quickest of companies to reimburse people, 

It also perplexes me, how now joining virgin mobile i am able to get a new deal with them for £12 a month, for which i was paying £25 a month with o2. 

Hopefully complaining in here will help with this getting resolved, 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sadly complaining on here wont get this resolved. This is a customer to customer forum and no-one from O2 will see your post. It's also an account based issue. We have no access to any of your personal details

You need to continue via the complaint route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Please don't deal with live chat here. Continue via the link I have provided. You could also email the complaints review service complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sadly complaining on here wont get this resolved. This is a customer to customer forum and no-one from O2 will see your post. It's also an account based issue. We have no access to any of your personal details

You need to continue via the complaint route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Please don't deal with live chat here. Continue via the link I have provided. You could also email the complaints review service complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info, il email them now, 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Typical of many stories we read on here too.
Google the CEO's email and send your complaint directly to him.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Anonymous it sounds like a nightmare. Do as advised by the others and put in a complaint. Your deal with Virgin is obviously very good, but are you aware that you can't get 4G with them? At least not as yet.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I agree, the ceo route is best way to go with this one
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Good luck, you need to persevere with this and get your credit file default removed. You can't call them unfortunately...

Send details of the settlement, along with a copy of your credit report to:

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Message 7 of 7