cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us what tech you're looking forward to in 2015!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

2015 is in full swing and with that will come a deluge of new tech for us all to get our hands on throughout the year slight_smile

Technical advancements are being made every day and some of the current devices available; Be they phones, tablets or wearables are amazing in terms of what they can do.

Here at O2 we’re always on the look for new tech on the horizon and you guys are constantly in the know as to what’s coming up that gets you excited. Your views and knowledge of new tech are always really well-thought out and you help so many other members choose the tech they go for.

We’re going to be tuned into the Intel CES 2015 Keynote talk, where they will be talking about the amazing new wearable tech that is coming soon. Find out more on that HERE.

We want to hear from you all. What devices are going to rock your world in 2015? What devices would you like to see supplied by O2? Where do you want to be wearing your wearables (See what I did there)?

Post a picture of the device(s) you’re excited about and share with everyone here. If you’ve found out a juicy device rumour, pop your thoughts here with a link.

Can’t wait to hear what you’re all excited about!

chris watch.jpg

The lovely @Chris_K wearing his Pebble slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

hobbielancie wrote:

Also any Smart Watch on the horizon for Microsoft 8.1/10.0 mobiles?

As soon as I find out anything on this, I'll let you know @Anonymous .

Are you not tempted by the Pebble or Samsung Gear?

Get involved:

Message 41 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Toby

No, neither would work with my system. Also the price. Out of my price range.

Regards

Dave

Message 42 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Defo looking forward to Microsoft Band !! Looks awesome technology and great addition to 930 handset.

Will be Pre ordering as soon as is available on o2 Web Site !!

Message 43 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear @Anonymous slight_smile

What features about the Microsoft Band are attracting you? I saw from another post that you're very fond of the Windows OS.

Get involved:

Message 44 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby Well the features i am looking forward to is the use of the Microsoft Health App properly. I use a FitBit at the moment and is spot on but does not have a Heart Monitor which will be interesting to use whilst i am running or Mountain Biking !! the GPS and being able to let it know your on Bike rather than Foot is very attractive and the fact it works with most Apps is brilliant. It's a well thought out device, Being able to work on most platforms is a master stroke and Dare i say the Tables have turned for Apple and Microsoft .......... It's like a extension of my phone as Cortana is involved and you gotta love her sarcasm ? anyway the ability to have Windows Phone, My Surface Pro and Microsoft Band all synced together means i can't go wrong, or miss another Birthday or Email, Phone Message or Text. As i explained to my Wife ..... You complete me, but the Band would Totally make my life a whole load easier from work to exersise and free time. Does the Band have anyone else drooling at the thought ??

Message 45 of 76

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

With recent announcements from Microsoft and having fun the windows 10 preview on my pc, I am looking forward to the surface 4 and the next phone with windows 10.  They've mentioned a summer 2015 release date. They look to be on the platform of faster processors that use less battery, so both of the devices would really last all day. In software terms windows 10 will support more RAW files so that is good for my photography. It will have baked in support for USB C, which allows any way up insertion, either end can be the master, higher voltage so you can use it to charge your laptop. 

I'm also excited by what Samsung is doing with its Exynos processors which at first glance seem to be knocking  spots off the competition. I'm looking forward to see what the note 5 will bring with that and lollipop and a cut down touchwiz. 

Watches seem to have been created before they were ready. My last watch was worn  4 years ago, and I insisted on that leading years without adjustments by being linked to a wireless time emitter, and adjusting simmer /winter. The only time I needed to adjust it was for holidays when it was  however many touches on the B button to move the hour forward or back. I haven't felt the need for a watch to tell the time since then. 

IoT  is coming but will it be mature enough in 2015? Will it all be out there before there is any adequate yet not overpowering security against hackers?

Would it be too much to hope for intelligent web  sites with HTML 4 and the death of flash? 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 46 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking forward to my contract ending so I can leave...
Message 47 of 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144360 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm looking forward to my contract ending so I can leave...

Not exactly "tech" though is it wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm looking Forward to the light that shows up invisible ink.
Message 49 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I'm looking Forward to the light that shows up invisible ink.

Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 76