cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell us what tech you're looking forward to in 2015!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

2015 is in full swing and with that will come a deluge of new tech for us all to get our hands on throughout the year slight_smile

Technical advancements are being made every day and some of the current devices available; Be they phones, tablets or wearables are amazing in terms of what they can do.

Here at O2 we’re always on the look for new tech on the horizon and you guys are constantly in the know as to what’s coming up that gets you excited. Your views and knowledge of new tech are always really well-thought out and you help so many other members choose the tech they go for.

We’re going to be tuned into the Intel CES 2015 Keynote talk, where they will be talking about the amazing new wearable tech that is coming soon. Find out more on that HERE.

We want to hear from you all. What devices are going to rock your world in 2015? What devices would you like to see supplied by O2? Where do you want to be wearing your wearables (See what I did there)?

Post a picture of the device(s) you’re excited about and share with everyone here. If you’ve found out a juicy device rumour, pop your thoughts here with a link.

Can’t wait to hear what you’re all excited about!

chris watch.jpg

The lovely @Chris_K wearing his Pebble slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 51 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

The watch face looks very mucj like a Nokia 8210 - not for me - is their sales pitch retro tech?   

I love my gadgest but I am of the opinion a watch is a watch. 

I am left handed, I wear my watch on my left wrist.  My right hand is as good as a bunch of bananas to do something intricate but the logic of a watch phone  for me is my right hand has to do the navigation. 

SImply not practical for me,  I'd take it off to use it! 

Message 52 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully the samsung vr but probly not 😞
Message 53 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
jonsie hope you don't mind me asking but 29K posts 'wow' what keeps you going !!!!
Message 54 of 76

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
what keeps you going !!!!

Wine, women and song wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 55 of 76

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In one, mate LOL

Message 56 of 76

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I expected this answer tongue_winking

@Anonymous what puts you off the Samsung VR?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 57 of 76

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

2015 is a big year for O2 with regards to tech, we are already starting to see a big emphasis on wearables and that trend is set to continue with exclusives like the Puls.

Personally the tech im looking most forward to is the Sony Tablet Z4, especially with the keyboard attachment. Im also a big fan of virtual reality so devices like the HTC Vive and GearVR really appeal to me and I hope we offer them in our stores because I think customers will get a real kick out of seeing things like this.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 58 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Review on song z1
Heating while using camera,playing games. the picture quality of the camera is great' also since i updated to 4.4.4 had a little bugs at first but thays what they fixed battery life is great in standby mode i would reccmoned this fone to anyone as its such a great device .
Message 59 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

It really is/was a great phone,
Just a fyi, the camera overheating was not fixed with Z2 and wasn't helped with 4k recording either.
Luckily with Z3 they fixed it.
Overheating was caused by superior auto constantly running each frame through the optimisation software, at 60fps in the viewfinder, this caused heating. Same with. Z2, with z3 they dropped the framerate to 30fps and only scanned the scene for optimisation half as much.
Much better than before by a long way.
Glad you liked the Z1, quite a few that trialled it did, and I think @MI5 bought one just on how impressed he was with it on try the tech.

Message 60 of 76