Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technology and Lifestyle

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On the forum tonight, some of us started chatting about this so I have decided to start a thread on it.

It is a subject that fascinates and even bewilders me at times...

I freely admit I am a 'child of the 60's' and our lifestyle was... and still is... a lot different to many of you who post on this forum.

I would love honesty...as anything else wouldn't give me the answer....and its about the use of technology (Smartphones and Tablets) as part of your daily lives and how it has changed since 'my day' Rolleys

Sooooo...how do you do it?

By IT I mean...

* Having a job

* A family

* A social life....

and combining all of these with todays technology....

Its not just posting on this forum...its the bigger picture that folk nowadays can't go out without a phone...ready to post stuff on social media sites, forums and whatever else is available.

I know it will be 'managing your time to suit society today'....but at the risk of sounding like an old fool...in 'my day' (I hate that expression).... people used to talk, laugh, discuss and debate. face to face...

If anyone takes offence at this post....rest assured I am NOT having a dig...I am fascinated by the whole way society is changing.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How the heck did ' white' be bleeped out by the forum software ?

Is nice to see you back @Anonymous posting.

Thanks @Anonymous   -   The word that was bleeped was not in fact "white" but a four letter word that is sometimes used to refer to a male animal or bird.    Time someone put a stop to messing about with our beautiful English language.   Probably some miserable expert in Political Correctness based in the US of A who thinks he/she knows better!!

Gerry

(Hon Sec., "Keep Your Mitts Off Our Language" Society)

Banbury_Cross.jpg

Message 21 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah ok. wink

Message 22 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Same sentiments from me @Anonymous  Lovely to see you back posting....even though you got bleeped (are you sure it was white...as I recall she didn't ride a white horse...she rode another type of horse in the rhyme LOL

However.... I loved your quote about the sun dawning.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff   The Rhyme says it was a White Horse but also a stallion.  I wonder if the powers that be will bleep my photo?  Smiley LOL

Nice to be back.

Gerry

(I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.)

Message 24 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rofl. slight_smile

Syncing / Titanic ~ what are you like !
Message 25 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

However I keep learning new stuff daily .....but it really is a case (for me) of being in two camps...

...it is technology.... and how it affects an individuals lifestyle.....

On holiday recently I made extensive use of SatNav (or SatNag as I think some call it) - and how wonderfully good it is.  OK it made one or two little "errors" but that was probably because some bureaucrat had failed to upload the latest data for his/her region) and the pronounciation of some place names was amusing but overall it is so very much better than trying to read maps (or rather relying on passengers reading maps).  And with the ability to use SatNav and Mobile phone in conjunction with one another it all makes travelling by car so much easier and more enjoyable. 

Gerry

Message 26 of 61

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have to be as inventive as the censor in the way you write some words with different connotations.....
I find "c0ck" usually gets through OK though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or place a full stop such as

C.ock Horse
Message 28 of 61

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are various ways around most restrictions if you are aware of the way the auto filters work....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I once said to an op just n.ip into an O2 store ,and was censored.

Now I say 'pop'. slight_smile
Message 30 of 61