cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPIKOO £4.50 p/wk subscription scam on Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just been scammed on FACEBOOK...! I responded to an advert that popup on my newsfeeds from TOPIKOO asking me 3 preference questions about smartphones: question 1: iOS or android I answered android; question 2: slim phone o big phone, I answered big phone; question 3: surfing or chatting, I answered both. The next I knew I got this message "FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to Topikoo for £4.50 per week from Tekka until you text STOP to 62442. HELP? 03332021398"
My concern is I never gave this company my telephone number my mobile number is not visible on my facebook profile and I never agreed or received any terms and conditions from TOPIKOO. There has been a breach and violation of my privacy on your website. Because my telephone number is not visible. Obviously this is not a kosher company because www.topikoo.com or .co.uk does not exist. I typed TOPIKOO into search engines and there were several complaints from other Facebook users that have been scammed by this same fraudulent company TOPIKOO is advertising on Facebook site.I have just been scammed on FACEBOOK...! I responded to an advert that popup on my newsfeeds from TOPIKOO asking me 3 preference questions about smartphones: question 1: iOS or android I answered android; question 2: slim phone o big phone, I answered big phone; question 3: surfing or chatting, I answered both. The next I knew I got this message "FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to Topikoo for £4.50 per week from Tekka until you text STOP to 62442. HELP? 03332021398"
My concern is I never gave this company my telephone number and I never agreed or received any terms and conditions from TOPIKOO FACEBOOK how did this company get my telephone number on your website. There has been a breach and violation of my privacy on your website. Because my telephone number is not visible. Obviously this is not a kosher company because www.topikoo.com or .co.uk does not exist. I typed TOPIKOO into search engines and there are several complaints from other Facebook users that have been scammed by this same fraudulent company TOPIKOO advertising on Facebook site. I expect something must be done about this scam quickly....!This incident has ruined my experience on Facebook....!. A very disappointed dissatisfied Facebook user.....
I expect something must be done about this scam quickly....!I have even sent a text msg STOP to 62442 but its not been delivered. Please I need your advice I am very perplexed and frustrated.Thanks Caroline
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope it works out for you...though I have no idea why you have to wait till Friday to receive the email telling you how to claim your refund?  An email is easy enough to generate after all slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.Neither do i
Message 32 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys Topikoo refunded my £4.50 via the post office on 19/05/15
Message 33 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 34 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good for you and your persistence @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 53

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good news @Anonymous well done for chasing this down and getting the refund. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

do you hvae the refund details for Topikoo i have been charged £18

Message 37 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
????
Message 38 of 53

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

do you hvae the refund details for Topikoo i have been charged £18

Contact details on this post http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/TOPIKOO-4-50-p-wk-subscription-scam-on-Facebook/m-p/877030#M64736

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 53

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 40 of 53