cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPIKOO £4.50 p/wk subscription scam on Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just been scammed on FACEBOOK...! I responded to an advert that popup on my newsfeeds from TOPIKOO asking me 3 preference questions about smartphones: question 1: iOS or android I answered android; question 2: slim phone o big phone, I answered big phone; question 3: surfing or chatting, I answered both. The next I knew I got this message "FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to Topikoo for £4.50 per week from Tekka until you text STOP to 62442. HELP? 03332021398"
My concern is I never gave this company my telephone number my mobile number is not visible on my facebook profile and I never agreed or received any terms and conditions from TOPIKOO. There has been a breach and violation of my privacy on your website. Because my telephone number is not visible. Obviously this is not a kosher company because www.topikoo.com or .co.uk does not exist. I typed TOPIKOO into search engines and there were several complaints from other Facebook users that have been scammed by this same fraudulent company TOPIKOO is advertising on Facebook site.I have just been scammed on FACEBOOK...! I responded to an advert that popup on my newsfeeds from TOPIKOO asking me 3 preference questions about smartphones: question 1: iOS or android I answered android; question 2: slim phone o big phone, I answered big phone; question 3: surfing or chatting, I answered both. The next I knew I got this message "FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to Topikoo for £4.50 per week from Tekka until you text STOP to 62442. HELP? 03332021398"
My concern is I never gave this company my telephone number and I never agreed or received any terms and conditions from TOPIKOO FACEBOOK how did this company get my telephone number on your website. There has been a breach and violation of my privacy on your website. Because my telephone number is not visible. Obviously this is not a kosher company because www.topikoo.com or .co.uk does not exist. I typed TOPIKOO into search engines and there are several complaints from other Facebook users that have been scammed by this same fraudulent company TOPIKOO advertising on Facebook site. I expect something must be done about this scam quickly....!This incident has ruined my experience on Facebook....!. A very disappointed dissatisfied Facebook user.....
I expect something must be done about this scam quickly....!I have even sent a text msg STOP to 62442 but its not been delivered. Please I need your advice I am very perplexed and frustrated.Thanks Caroline
Message 1 of 53
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

The company that owns that short code 62442, is Fonix Mobile Ltd. Their customer services number is 02081147001. Give them a ring Monday and dispute this with them. Also I would advise you to keep an eye on my O2 , on the unbilled charges/current usage to see if any charges are applied to your bill. If this happens you should also report this to facebook. Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 8 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I must have posted it twice
Message 2 of 53

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sorry to hear this but reading through your long post you do state the following...

I responded to an advert that popup on my newsfeeds from TOPIKOO asking me 3 preference questions about smartphones: question 1: iOS or android I answered android; question 2: slim phone o big phone, I answered big phone; question 3: surfing or chatting, I answered both.

I presume if you did this via your mobile....your number was picked up then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
******Please ignore my first post it must have merged with some other posts******* am resending again
Message 4 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

If you want to complain then you should use this link to do so....

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
******Please ignore my first post it must have merged with some other posts******* am resending again

Please do not resend. If your post is about Topikoo then re-post to this thread please...otherwise it gets confusing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Also I will add here....if you have text STOP (as you said in your first post) you have just confirmed your mobile number to this company....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

The company that owns that short code 62442, is Fonix Mobile Ltd. Their customer services number is 02081147001. Give them a ring Monday and dispute this with them. Also I would advise you to keep an eye on my O2 , on the unbilled charges/current usage to see if any charges are applied to your bill. If this happens you should also report this to facebook. Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 8 of 53

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Also check your FB settings to see if this has installed itself as an app and remove it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear, but my mobile number had already been confirmed because O2 customer services had confirmed £4.50 has been added to my account....
Message 10 of 53