Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping ALL sms from 02

athgen1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 63 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Today I received and SMS from 02Wifi, which I do not have.

I do not wish to receive any, repeat any, SMS offering an 02 service. If I want something I will ask.

To add insult to injury when I texted STOP to 68800 I was sent an SMS saying it would take up to 28 days to process my stop.

Is there any way ican get 02 to stop this harresment?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Call CS and ask them to update all systems with your request http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Call CS and ask them to update all systems with your request http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Again @athgen1 ,

What does the sms say if u dont mind me asking?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@athgen1 wrote:

Today I received and SMS from 02Wifi, which I do not have.

I do not wish to receive any, repeat any, SMS offering an 02 service. If I want something I will ask.

To add insult to injury when I texted STOP to 68800 I was sent an SMS saying it would take up to 28 days to process my stop.

Is there any way ican get 02 to stop this harresment?

Hi @athgen1    Yes, I know it is a trifle annoying getting messages you don't want.  But "insult" and "injury"?  Really?   Wouldn't it just be as easy to delete the unwanted messages on receipt or in bulk until such time as you can get in touch with O2 Customer Services to ascertain if it is in fact possible to ensure that you are excluded from such mailing lists.  There are times when we just have to accept that certain things ain't never going to happen and whatever rules are made people will find a way of getting round them.  No matter what anyone tells you there will never be a total wipe out of SPAM, and all that load of unwanted literature that comes through your letter box via snail mail.  So probably the only way you will be certain of not getting unwanted texts is don't have a mobile phone.  

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume the OP will also have the same issue with PPI texts, Your Accident in the Last 3 Years texts. O2 Missed call alerts (if at up). Marketing texts from other companies of all sorts?

Perspective time. If you get a text you don't want, DELETE IT. Contact the company and in a few days (in this case) 28 you should get no more.

I can't see why 28 days should be an issue anyway unless the OP is claiming to have been BOMBARDED with texts recently from o2. I got the o2 wifi one today, one of two o2 texts this week. That is it.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I had the WiFi one too.... Quite nice that I could win £1000, but it's never me that wins 😞

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here Rich re the £1k but I bet you doesn't go running across the interweb complaining about receiving a text? ??
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would also add that o2 wifi is almost non existent here in the South West although once I move it looks a bit better but is not a patch on the BT Tie Up o2 had before.
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I get the wifi texts here in Thailand, I've yet to find an O2 wifi hotspot here but I live in hope.

Seriously, is your life ruined receiving a few unwanted texts? I despair sometimes. Most phones these days have a delete button!

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I tend to use BT WiFi as I find it more reliable and easier to connect to anyway....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12