cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish (Telfonica) bureaucracy alive and well in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

My name on my sign in account was Mr X, but I am Dr X. O2 said they could not change it just at my request (no other company has ever, ever had an issue doing this). They said they could not do it as the credit check had been done under Mr X - rubbish as credit reports do not distinguish between a Dr or Mr X.

I had to request it as a name change. Did it once and that failed as apparantly, they do not accept the UK driving licence as proof! I had to provide a utility bill, notwithstanding that these can be made within a couple of minutes on a computer.

So I sent a utility bill, a copy of my ***O2*** bill that had my title down correctely. I feel as if I am back living in the Middle East with stuff like this. Spain is just the same, my brother lives there.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You should know better than to open anything from an unknown source.....

That rules out most of the internet if you are going to think like that.

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

For me your link threw up Error 404.

same for me slight_frown

Sorry for that, comma in the wrong place. I'm very amused by the scardy cats here being oh so careful about opening a personal linkShocked. They must lead very sheltered lives only going to 'known' sites.

Message 12 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Each to their own wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Scared has nothing to do with it. Careful is all. I've no doubt that it is exactly what you say and if anyone wants to check it out then that's their choice. I choose not to.

Message 14 of 29

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've reviewed the link and it seems to be fine. If you don't feel comfortable opening it, remember that you aren't obliged to help fellow customers out - if you leave this one to someone else you have an extra five minutes for a brew wink
Message 15 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I personally am more offended by the comments of the OP if honest!

Sarcastic and uncalled for imo:smileysad:

Perhaps I am used to good manners....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

She does not know what she is talking about. Jonsie would be afraid of his own shadowSmiley Very Happy. The folder contains two video files, one flv andf the other mp4, both the same.

Must check my gender too wink

Message 18 of 29

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's probably fair.

DrTeeth - if you wouldn't mind being a little more respectful towards other posters, that'd be just grand.

People always say it's a bit strange that I'm happy to have a brew regardless of time! Had one too many beers last night though so none for me today...
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I personally am more offended by the comments of the OP if honest!

Sarcastic and uncalled for imo:smileysad:

Perhaps I am used to good manners....

Agreed.

Message 20 of 29