cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish (Telfonica) bureaucracy alive and well in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

My name on my sign in account was Mr X, but I am Dr X. O2 said they could not change it just at my request (no other company has ever, ever had an issue doing this). They said they could not do it as the credit check had been done under Mr X - rubbish as credit reports do not distinguish between a Dr or Mr X.

I had to request it as a name change. Did it once and that failed as apparantly, they do not accept the UK driving licence as proof! I had to provide a utility bill, notwithstanding that these can be made within a couple of minutes on a computer.

So I sent a utility bill, a copy of my ***O2*** bill that had my title down correctely. I feel as if I am back living in the Middle East with stuff like this. Spain is just the same, my brother lives there.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's a pity the offensive comments have not been removed. Smiley Mad

The advise to not open unknown links in a forum is always correct and the OP should know that. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
We admire the courage of these keyboard warriors.... and a so-named doctor too!
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally If I wasn't sure about a link then I wouldn't open it. Best practice.

I also struggle to see the point of this thread given its headline? Perhaps given the way it has gone perhaps it needs to be locked?

I also agree with @Cleoriff that respect in this forum is essential. Courtesy costs nothing ladies and gents.
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this person for real ???
Message 24 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes he/she claims it's ok to open an unknown link and thyen to open the three attacments contained therein. They must do it all the time wink

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was talking more about the comments towards you and other members do we really want people like this on here ?
Message 26 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

There's no place for disrespect on the community in any shape or form but as most of the comments were directed my way, I didn't want to complain about them. Water off a duck's back as they say but I would like to thank everyone for their support.

Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I admire your calmness mate wink
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am with @Anonymous and @jonsie here. Respect makes this forum work.
Message 29 of 29