Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Emails

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Due to a recent thread by MI5 : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Your-account-will-expire-in-less-than-48-hours/td-... I have spoken to Chiara about this and it has been decided that it would be helpful to have a thread with lists of email addresses which are dodgy.

Some junk emails are basic ones and cannot harm, but there are other emails which contain links to click on which download viruses or links to sites that ask you to input certain personal information.  Some people may not be aware of how dangerous these sites can be.

If you receive an email, can you please post here what it says and/or the email address/domain that it was sent from.

If this page helps just one person then it will be successful slight_smile

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Fine now thanks, but links can be dangerous, someone will click on them just to see what they do.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Fine now thanks, but links can be dangerous, someone will click on them just to see what they do.

I agree - like I said, they didn't come up as links when I was creating the thread.  I would never intentionally post anything that could be dangerous.

Message 12 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@perksie wrote:

I agree - like I said, they didn't come up as links when I was creating the thread.  I would never intentionally post anything that could be dangerous.

No one here thinks that it was intentional. You just need to think twice before posting anything that potentially could be dangerous. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Just a heads up guys,

I got an email today, apparently from Apple.  To me, it looks like a genuine email from Apple and I think it could fool quite a lot of innocent people.   However, due to issues in the past, I always check the senders address.  When when you click on the senders name to reveal the address that it was sent from, it is obvious that it is not from Apple.

If you get an email like this, DO NOT click on the link.

image2.png image.png

Message 14 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That looks like a phishing email, if you're in any doubt about your Apple ID you can change your password here:

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks.

I feel confident that my account is safe at the moment (fingers crossed).  However, if I receive any more emails like that then I will be changing my password slight_smile

Message 16 of 17

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've recently learnt about the blocking feature in Hotmail (I know it's probably been around for decades).

I have found that the more spam/phishing email domains that I block, the more spam/phishing emails I receive, from similar domans but basically the same information in the email.

Destroy

Message 17 of 17