cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia XA Ultra camera problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All! Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post.

I upgraded from my trusty Z2 at the beginning of August, was recommended the XA Ultra in store, looked good so I agreed. Realised almost immediately that the camera is faulty. Each photo has multiple images superimposed on top of each other resulting in rather alarming pics e.g. my dog's legs being removed. I sent it back twice, each time they said there was nothing wrong 😕 Third time they agreed to swap for a new handset.... it was exactly the same. Sent it straight back. Another new handset arrived. Guess what? Exactly the same. 'Apparently' I am the only person this has happened to.... 

I have given up with the XA Ultra now and wanted to share my experience to help anyone with the same problem.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous When you say you sent it back, who did you send it back to? If it was to O2, I'd bypass that and contact Sony support directly. You may have a better result with your issue.

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
@viridis is our resident Sony expert so he may be able to offer some advice on camera settings?
Can you post a pic so we know what you mean exactly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What mode are you shooting on and what settings in the camera app do you have set?
A picture would be awesome, get a picture with the problem, click share and upload to drive,post link here
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
What mode are you shooting on and what settings in the camera app do you have set?
A picture would be awesome, get a picture with the problem, click share and upload to drive,post link here

I believe you have trialled this device @viridis?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one example (of many!) 20160814 crap pics  (1).jpg

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Strangely the background looks perfect so is this some kind of shooting mode special effect that is turned on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And what settings are active?
Manual/auto?
Image size?
Scene selected?
Motion detection?
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another, I promise my dog is not profoundly disabled....DSC_4426.jpg

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for lack or replies to questions. I have now had 3 brand new handsets, all do exactly the same thing. I had the camera on the settings it arrived with, superior auto . No special effects applied that I am aware of. I have now returned the last handset and am trying a different phone (once it arrives!) so I can't give any more information than that. I just wanted anyone else who has this problem to be aware that they are not alone! Thank you all for your interest and help grin 

Message 10 of 17