cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia XA Ultra camera problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All! Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post.

I upgraded from my trusty Z2 at the beginning of August, was recommended the XA Ultra in store, looked good so I agreed. Realised almost immediately that the camera is faulty. Each photo has multiple images superimposed on top of each other resulting in rather alarming pics e.g. my dog's legs being removed. I sent it back twice, each time they said there was nothing wrong 😕 Third time they agreed to swap for a new handset.... it was exactly the same. Sent it straight back. Another new handset arrived. Guess what? Exactly the same. 'Apparently' I am the only person this has happened to.... 

I have given up with the XA Ultra now and wanted to share my experience to help anyone with the same problem.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe so! I can't remove this comment - I was trying to reply to an individual post, not tech savvy at all, sorry!

Message 11 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Firstly, this is the first time I've ever heard or seen anything like this on XA, and I've heard lots about XA....
Secondly, I'm quite surprised O2 recommended the XA as an upgrade from a Z2, I really am, especially when O2 have Z3 and Z3+ stocks left at ridiculous prices of £17 a month and are true flagships, the XA is not an upgrade to Z2, it really isn't.
However, can I ask, do you use SD Card to save the images on and what class is the card if you do.
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, looking into it further I agree, I have no idea why it was suggested either. They were unhelpful in the shop (putting it mildly). I had no sd card in the phone. I am getting a Z5 now - fingers crossed.
Message 13 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good choice wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe so! I can't remove this comment - I was trying to reply to an individual post, not tech savvy at all, sorry!

@Anonymous just to take you through the reply to a post (as I am doing here)...

Post immediately under the relevant one...hit the quote button and it will show who you are responding to...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Post immediately under the relevant one...hit the quote button and it will show who you are responding to...:smileywink:

Wow, thank you very much for explaining that to me! slight_smile

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, thank you very much for explaining that to me! slight_smile

I cant help with the camera...but am ok with this sort of thing @Anonymous. Anyway back on topic Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17