cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia E3 frozen... any suggestions, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone help me?  My phone prompted me for an update while I had my wi-fi on, so I let it do it.  But, after it finished the update and tried to reboot itself, the phone froze on the 02 bubble opening sequence while turning back on.  I couldn't do anything with it, whatever I tried to touch or press.  The only way I could turn it off was to take the battery out.

I tried several more times but it keeps doing the same thing.  I don't know what to do as I've never had any problems with it and I've only had it a year.  I've looked online for suggestions and watched videos about frozen phones, but they don't apply to my particular phone.  Can anyone help, pleeeeaaase?   Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is recommended to perform a hard reset after a firmware update but also do a back up first as his can delete saved data on the phones memory.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Hold Volume Up and Power key for about 10 secs until phone vibrates. Then choose reset from the boot menu.
This will wipe the phone but you have no way of backing up now anyway.
Some Xperia's have a reset button near the battery so check if you have one too first, if not use the button presses above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,   thanks so much for your suggestions ... unfortunately they haven't worked, even after several attempts.  As before, my phone comes on after the initial vibration - then the Sony Xperia logo comes on and then the O2 logo.  Again, the phone just freezes during the O2 logo sequence.  I cannot go to any reset options/menus because I cannot get beyond this point.  I think I will just have to take it to a mobile phone repair shop as soon as I can afford to, as I've tried absolutely everything and anything.  I don't want to mess around with it too much now, incase I screw the phone up.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the phone is under warranty then contact their uk support centre online as they may have you send it off to them to be looked at.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your suggstions.  I've tried everything and just can't get beyond the O2 frozen logo sequence to get to any rest menus.  I've looked inside and there is no rest button near the battery, either.  😞    Thanks for your help, though.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @Anonymous ! Any news about this? is it working? Please stay in touch with the community and let us know if we can help you with anything.
Message 9 of 9