cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms to Russia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a windows iphone and until the beginning of July I was able to send a sms to Russia with out any problem, now I am unable to, even if I reply to an incoming sms, yet it is deducted from my credit when I send the sms. I am able to send them to the USA, so a bit puzzled??  

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Thanks for updating.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 31

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Hope they sort it at the Russian end. At least the charges have been refunded. Thanks for the update.

Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, unfortunately the problem hasn't been solved, looks as the problem is with O2. My friend in Russia can receive sms from Virgin and Vodaphone and I have tried to send sms to 2 different networks and none have been received. So O2 please look into this problem and try and sort it ASAP. Looks like another call to customer sevices and see what happens.

Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good luck wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that

As we're all customers here their isn't much more we can do.

You could lodge your dissatisfaction here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called O2 customer services again yesterday and they said they would look into it, hope they can solve the problem as I really don't want to have to buy a new sim card just so I can keep in contact with my Russian friend.
Fingers crossed !!!!
Message 26 of 31

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Is it not possible to use BBM or Whatsapp etc to message your friend instead of SMS ?

Currently using:
Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not, as they haven't got  a smart phone etc.

Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a nightmare.

Gently push your friend maybe to getting one !

Only kidding they are not for everyone

Emailing each other seems the interim solution.
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've dropped a gentle hint, but not too bothered at the moment as recently had a new one as a gift. I wouldn't be without mine.
Message 30 of 31