cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Data - what a con!! RUBBISH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys

I have been with O2 for yonks, full platinum, whole family on it, etc etc - I personally have two lines.

Tonight I've come accross something that just feels like a great big con. Firstly I'm irritated by many things on o2 currently, platinum service levels have really dropped, call wait times are high, they wouldn't allow NHS discount on iPhones - everything is starting to become very geared towards o2 and not the consumer.

I sensed a bad shift, until I heard about the new sharer plans available on o2.

Great I thought, I can now supply my various tablets in the family using shared data.

Rang up on Saturday, absolutely possible @£7 per month.

Rang up tonight - impossible, unless you buy a £50 Data Dongle as well!!!!

So for my ipad, car, two daughters ipads, etc that'll be 4 dongles at £50 each!!!!

I never ever use a dongle, and I'd be amazed if anyone else does - dongles are yesterday things!!

Then there's the Shared Voice SIM, unlimited voice and sms, plus data share is £16, I can buy a full standalone SIM from Vodaphone with 1G of 4G data for £15.30, for a couple more pounds I get a full Spotify Premium account.

Finally I thought I'd be able to bring my 8G and 5G data alowances together, no - not until you upgrade / resign with o2.

O2 this is going in the wrong direction, I'm now going to look at alternative networks, and as you've guessed I'm pretty loyal, so as I decide to (end early if I need to) I will be moving away from you.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with the above. Even when I only had a pay monthly plan, I still had the ability to use data share. Very very weird situation.
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, i do do that - but my phone is a tool for work, and i'm rarely off it - it really isn't for the girls to use

Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not set up a personal hotspot from the device? I'm sure the device can still be used to its full potential.
Message 13 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gavs3r wrote:
Can you not set up a personal hotspot from the device? I'm sure the device can still be used to its full potential.

Of course but it's no good to his girls (at home) when the OP is at work or elsewhere !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you not get a 2nd phone with sim to use as a mobile hotspot at home for the girls e.c.t while you are at work ? This would be the easiest way tbh
Message 15 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Tbh, and I mean this only as a third party looking in, but why should he?
The option is there and upon trying to take advantage of this offer (fairly) unreasonable actions were then advised by the salesman (no doubt commission based or something)
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 said a Manager would call me back - but nothing yet......

Message 17 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How many times have we heard that....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How many times have we heard that....?

Frequently. I am beginning to think this is the new trick for ending a call..Shocked..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It is a common theme

Message 20 of 24