cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secruity risk and disgusting customer service!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is unfortunately my second negative post for which I apologise.

But I am seeking advise - My o2 number has now been inactive for a week, this is because o2 ported my number over to Vodaphone by a fraud request over the phone through my account which may or may not be hacked (under investigation) . o2 failed to ask the secruity questions and made the transaction with out me knowing what was going on.

since the 29th I have constantly been on the phone to customer service where they have advised me my number will be back within 24 hours, each day a new customer service advisor the same story but still no sign of my number being reconnected. I find it disgusting how o2 have given me timeframes and never stuck to one, over 15 advisors have said they will ring me back and still they have not rang me which is a disgrace.

I then find out that the fraud team only find out about my case 5 days after the incident and advise me that it will take 4-6 days to investigate the situation, they two said my number will be ported back by the morning!

I am fed up of trying to resolve this and feel like I am doing all the chasing for a massive o2 secruity mistake!

the question I have is how do I leave o2 as I cant afford not to have a live number due to work and I am more than happy to move to a new operator as the moey i pay o2 I trusted them with the secruity of my account but they have breached this and I am very uncomfortable at the possibilty this could happend again and I lose a week of phonecalls/business

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I would give customer service another call and explain the situation and I am sure that they will offer some free credit on the p&g sim.
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good will gesture.
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

customer service are not allowed to authorise putting free credit on to my account, no surprise.

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

customer service are not allowed to authorise putting free credit on to my account, no surprise.

Well that is a shock...as I have had a couple of goodwill gestures of free credit from CS in the past

(Both times after it was a mistake made by them I might add...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both Live Chat and Uk Customer Service have done this for me in the past and recently.

I'd ring back or go back online and try again.
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's take a week to port a mobile number from a different network provider ect they fur em will gave you a temporary numbers until you mobile number as complete transfer over to the 02- UK Networks ect
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
DJC1690 said "It's take a week to port a mobile number from a different network provider ect they fur em will gave you a temporary numbers until you mobile number as complete transfer over to the 02- UK Networks ect"

Hi @Anonymous

The issue here is the op's number was PAC'd to Vodaphone without their authorisation, and now O2 are trying to get it back.
Message 17 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I have had goodwill credit from customer service three weeks ago on a P&G account for a friend of mine. Seems it depends on who you speak to, it's not that they can't do it.
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The issue here is the op's number was PAC'd to Vodaphone without their authorisation, and now O2 are trying to get it back.

Having been involved in this process at work, it should just be a case of doing the same in reverse and should take a maximum of a week to return the PAC'd number to O2. Vodafone however can be incredibly bad at this and we've had to involve account managers, etc. Also one of the reasons most of our staff are no longer on Vodafone wink

Message 19 of 19