cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams Continue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tonight i had a call from an Ammanford (Wales) number 01269 849592. Being a normal looking landline number i answered it but i struggled to hear the other person.

So i did a Google search and it would appear this is another ppi type scam only this lot are using Skype to cut down their own costs! !!!

Why oh why does the law allow this?
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
My earlier point was, that unless people report them, nothing will get done....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree MI5 ~ however RedTape usually clogs up the process. 😞
Message 32 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I totally agree Bambino that the scammers have no intention of acting within the law.

My question is why aren't the law enforcers dealing with these people.

Law enforcers where? Chances are the calls aren't even originating in this country. They could be calling from anywhere. How do you police that? The answer is, you can't. The only thing you can do is try to educate people who are potentially vulnerable to just be more aware when they receive these kinds of calls. You'll never stop them. It's a sad fact of life that there are evil people in the world who prey on the weak, and scam phone calls are a way to get to those weak people. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 33 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I assume you've not had a good experience personally Forkingabout ?

Nope, reported no end of call's in the past to TPS but now it's not worth wasting my time, some of the nuisance callers even laughed when I mentioned TPS to them.

Got a phone that blocks nuisance calls now, much better job of stopping the unwanted calls.

Message 34 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I block when their numbers show but the crafty blighters now don't show their caller ID

As I said earlier I just don't answer withheld calls.
Message 35 of 63

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I only ever answer the phone if I know the caller, so if anyone phones me and I don't know you, text me first wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I only ever answer the phone if I know the caller, so if anyone phones me and I don't know you, text me first wink

Yeah right...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 63

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not always possible to do that though Rich. I get a lot of calls from doctors and hospitals, some of which are witheld numbers. I have to answer I'm afraid.

Message 38 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes same here and a lot of the time doctors etc won't leave a voicemail for privacy
Message 39 of 63

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's no "one size fits all" solution, it's just what works for me.....

Currently using:
Message 40 of 63