cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams Continue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tonight i had a call from an Ammanford (Wales) number 01269 849592. Being a normal looking landline number i answered it but i struggled to hear the other person.

So i did a Google search and it would appear this is another ppi type scam only this lot are using Skype to cut down their own costs! !!!

Why oh why does the law allow this?
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
If so then blocking the number is still advisable ? and if so inclined complain direct with the company.
Message 21 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you registered withTPS

TPS are not fit for purpose, that organisation needs shutting down as its a total waste of space.

Message 22 of 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Idiots!

Us or them ? Dance

If the cap fits...Crazy LOL

No, seriously I mean them. Obviously it cuts down on people needed to man the phones. Just auto dial with recorded message. Cuts out abusing them unfortunately which is half the fun!:smileysad:

Message 23 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you've not had a good experience personally Forkingabout ?
Message 24 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

The fact is, you will never be able to completely stop unsolicited calls. Scammers are not in the least bit concerned with adhering to 'rules' or 'laws'. They're doing something illegal. They're trying to scam you. Why would they abide by any law? They will always find a way around any method developed to block them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly so. 😞

Message 26 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree Bambino that the scammers have no intention of acting within the law.

My question is why aren't the law enforcers dealing with these people.
Message 27 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can we answer that Nick.

At best even an armchair lawyer would have issues due to the legalities probably involved. 😞
Message 28 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure your right BoB. I just feel for the vulnerable people who get taken for a ride.
Message 29 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too however it has and always will be the sad case that people will be conned / scammed. 😞
Message 30 of 63