cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams Continue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tonight i had a call from an Ammanford (Wales) number 01269 849592. Being a normal looking landline number i answered it but i struggled to hear the other person.

So i did a Google search and it would appear this is another ppi type scam only this lot are using Skype to cut down their own costs! !!!

Why oh why does the law allow this?
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Glad to hear you're clued in @Anonymous slight_smile

Do you get many calls/texts?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 61 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I've been lucky so far, no texts and not enough calls yet to really annoy me.  I know of many people who do get a lot, though and people who receive a large amount of calls on their landline.  My Aunt had 5 in a row one day, she was really sick of them and her phone rang again so she just answered it and swore very loudly (I won't repeat what she said!) before putting the receiver down.  Of course, it turned out that that call wasn't a scam but from the secretary of her surgeon at the hospital so she had to ring back and apologise profusely!!

Message 62 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I've been lucky so far, no texts and not enough calls yet to really annoy me.  I know of many people who do get a lot, though and people who receive a large amount of calls on their landline.  My Aunt had 5 in a row one day, she was really sick of them and her phone rang again so she just answered it and swore very loudly (I won't repeat what she said!) before putting the receiver down.  Of course, it turned out that that call wasn't a scam but from the secretary of her surgeon at the hospital so she had to ring back and apologise profusely!!

Swearing at her consultants secretary! LOL...Not a good move @Anonymous  (though it made me laugh). I expect though the secretary was understanding ....She probably had similar experiences from cold callers....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 63