cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams Continue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tonight i had a call from an Ammanford (Wales) number 01269 849592. Being a normal looking landline number i answered it but i struggled to hear the other person.

So i did a Google search and it would appear this is another ppi type scam only this lot are using Skype to cut down their own costs! !!!

Why oh why does the law allow this?
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 41 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Forkingabout wrote:

Got a phone that blocks nuisance calls now, much better job of stopping the unwanted calls.

Do you mean a mobile phone or a land line phone?

Unfortunately, scammers aren't interested in pursuing savvy people who block calls. They're interested in the little old lady who isn't aware that these sorts of people are out there. They make hundreds of calls a day until they find what they're looking for. If these kinds of scam calls weren't profitable, they'd have stopped long ago, but they're obviously making money for someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 42 of 63

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
and that's the sad truth..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 63

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes, they only need one or two 'bites' a day and it's a money spinner...:smileysad:

Message 44 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a phone that blocks nuisance calls now, much better job of stopping the unwanted calls.

Its a land line phone.

Message 45 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes same here and a lot of the time doctors etc won't leave avoicemail for privacy

Shame my local hospital automated appointment reminder service isnt this smart, its not a very secure or discrete system.

Message 46 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its a land line phone.

What phone is it? How accurate is it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 47 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

my elderly parents have been getting nuisance calls ..... & ..... my mum always answers the phone, either landline or mobile ..... I can sense she really doesn't like these calls, but won't tell me any more information ..... I've been told to shout loudly down the phone ..... then hang up quickly ..... I can't tell my mum to do that ..... = ..... she just wouldn't anyway ..... but I have told her that how when ill in hospital A&E not that long back I received a nasty woman call .....  JHC she spoke so nastily & fast ....... = ..... found later when at home same call-type from a man it was factory noise hearing impairment ..... I've explained to my mum that these people are trained to be belligerent & are only ringing to get something out of her ..... system now has evolved between me & mum for me to ring 3 rings end call then 3 rings again or so, then when mum picks up ..... she doesn't speak ..... & ..... I quickly & clearly say Hello Mum it's Jane ..... I can sense her relax ..... don't want either of them to miss any medical appointments etc ..... = ..... not right in this day & age Smiley Mad

Message 48 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

These calls seem to be having a summer season. The landline is full of them...I have to answer because it is either withheld or international...and I have links to both ( my other half phoning from work or the hospital trying to get hold of me. The international could be any of my friends from spain)

I am certainly not gullible but there are many people who are. These companies use your name when they ring

giving the impression that they do know you...this is probably the worse aspect of it all...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 63

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 50 of 63