cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving SMS threads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and have lots of conversations I want to save from the last month due to a personal tragedy. Is it possible to save the threads or do I need to lock every text message? Thank you. Mark.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Install this app and back them up to your Google account forever https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&hl=en
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your suggestions, they have worked and I am really pleased as I can finally clear my phone. As a first time user this has been a great experience and I'm sure I'll be messaging again. Mark.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Great to hear Mark, welcome and see you soon slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any "recommended" apps that are not linked to Google accounts which will automatically save sms? I was using tugo but deleted it due to call forwarding and battery issues.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone?

Have you considered SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu?  It backsup to SD card.  Don't know enough about these things to know if there is any hidden link with a Google Account.   I have tried it on a spare phone and it seems to work without asking me about a google account.  However there is a "what to do" note if restored messages do not appear in Hangouts (which I beleive is a google thingy) but I take this to refer to cases where users are using Hangouts in the first place.  I don't.

Sorry if this is too garbled.

Gerry

Message 9 of 9