cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Edge screen defect

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just noticed a small vertical line (between 3 - 4mm) in the center of my screen on my S7 Edge.

The line appears red and green and changes in brightness depending on the pixel colour displayed on its position. So on a white screen with full brightness it stands out like a sore thumb, but on a dark screen it is less so.

This is slightly annoying as the phone is fairly new (purchased end of March) and I have never had an issue like this with any of my previous phone, over the course of their usage.

What are my options here; replacement, repair? Warranty, insurance?

Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Ah, the joys of living in the captial! You'll be able to walk in to the Samsung Experience Shop on Oxford Street, drop of your phone, pop into the Oxford Street O2 Store, pick up a loan phone or SIM adapters. And then the reverse order in a day or two (if that long) wink

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha well I actually just work in central london, so ideal, but means long train journey home with no phone if I don't pick up a replacement #firstworldproblems
Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You won't get a smartphone off O2. It will be a cheapo nasty thing from the 90's wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
You're making our loan phones sound like my ex girlfriend @MI5, they're not that awful haha
Message 14 of 19

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I thought stores only loaned phones to those having their phones repaired through O2? But good if that's not the case.....don't forget your £25 returnable deposit....:smileywink:

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I know your Ex and they prob aren't that bad..... but close enough wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 19

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

To be honest it depends a lot on the store and the circumstances@jonsie. Stand alone loan phones, without repairs, are an option that our tills will allow us to process. If the store is running low on loan phone stock they may want to keep remaining stock for those repairing via the store itself. It's definitely worth a try if you have no other phone, there's nothing to lose. If there's sufficient stock, and you're nice enough to the advisor, generally there shouldn't be an issue. There is indeed a £25 refundable deposit though

Hahaha close enough @MI5

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an unlocked Nexus 5, should do the trick if I need to get repairs Drum

Message 18 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

A Nexus 5 is almost as good as any new phone out there. I use my old one as a backup.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 19