cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari mobile lottery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had my latest bill and been charged £45 for Safari mobile lottery. Tried to find out how I've been charged for this unwanted item that I've never subscribed to but O2 say it's nothing to do with them. This is a complete scam that O2 go along with. Click on the Safari app and it comes up O2 so it must have something to do with them. Spoke to "customer services" and had to speak to a manager. I said I couldn't get through to Safari, which I couldn't, half hour on the phone before being cut off. Magically the manager got through to Safari and put me on to their customer service advisor. She said I had not not subscribed and this meant I had subscribed, a complete scam. I will have to pay the £45 I suppose but I've said if this is not unsubscribe as she said would happen I shall have to close my account and go elseware. I can not believe that a company the size of 02 collude in this scam and make it impossible to get any satisfaction but insist I'm fleeced and give in to their threats. Oh well you live and learn but please be aware of this situation. On a lighter note when I asked if I'd won anything in the lottery I was told I had not been lucky, the prize was a mobile phone.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby and thanks slight_smile
No competition appeared and I never entered no competition. I noticed my bill was £45 over the usual and called 02 customer service they told me it was for subscribing to Safari Mobile Lottery. They gave me the number to Switchfire Ltd. I called and they said I subscribed by answering a question "how many legs does a horse have".
Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonsie- that's up to 02 to except a charge from a site that's been ripping their customers off for years!
Message 22 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They gave me the number to Switchfire Ltd. I called and they said I subscribed by answering a question "how many legs does a horse have".

Hi again @Anonymous, so this was a total surprise when ithe charge came? Its very strange indeed!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby,
Yes, total surprise. You won't find it strange if you google "02077982800" and look through all the complaints.
Message 24 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I would lodge a complaint with an independent regulator about this. They can investigate for you. Unless you have done this?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby,
Not as of yet. Right now I believe 02 is at fault for excepting the charge from Switchfire Ltd.
Message 26 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Toby,
Not as of yet. Right now I believe 02 is at fault for excepting the charge from Switchfire Ltd.

Honestly mate - you'll not get a full resolution with that belief.

Phonepayplus is the correct place to go if you cannot get a refund directly from the supplier who charged you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5, Your probably right pal, but I stand by my guns. As far as I'm concerned 02 are the ones that charged me for something I didn't ask for or want. I don't want a refund either, I want the charge taken back off my bill as quick as it was put on. If not then il just cancel my contract and use my preferred method of payment, cash. slight_smile
Message 28 of 45

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
I wish you well mate.
All the best and let us know how it goes please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Yes best of luck with it.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 45