cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming on the Thuraya satellite network - call charges?

GuyC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can now find a list of call charges when roaming on the Thuraya satellite network using a O2 (business) SIM in the satellite phone?

The charges used to listed on the O2 business website, Thuraya was simply listed as another country in the drop down tab, but since the website was updated, all mention of Thuraya has vanished..

I have called customer services but they say it doesn't exist!

Thanks

Guy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Good to know, just a shame that advisers aren't generally aware of it. Obviously questions about satellite coverage and charges may only occur once in an advisers lifetime but it only takes someone to care, say I'll find out and call you back. Now that is what I would call good customer service, not how many calls can you answer per hour.

Message 11 of 13

GuyC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 customer services have absolutely no information whatsoever about this service and don't seem able to access any information even when pressed.

The search function of the O2 website returns nothing when 'Thuraya' is searched, which is strange because several pages do actually exist, if you can find them..

The last O2 customer service person I spoke to acutally hung up on me in the end, no doubt adamant that I was a time waster talking rubbish!

A poor show O2!   

Message 12 of 13

GuyC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any further information Meri?

Message 13 of 13