cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming & TRAVEL service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been a customer of O2 for many years and overall I'm pretty satisfied however I'd like to complain-provide feedback for the roaming service and the TRAVEL option.
Both the threshold of 100MB and the speed over this threshold are insufficient/inadequate in today's environment. 100MB are consumed in minutes and then the speed becomes ludicrously slow that 95% of the services/apps can't function properly. This is by far worse than competition. Perhaps you should introduce an enhanced TRAVEL option with 1G threshold OR even better a decent speed 300k/sec
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regrettably, in spite of the good service, strong coverage and reliability (domestically), I couldn't and wouldn't recommend O2 to anyone travelling more than 2-3 days per month and need roaming. For me this is a "must have" in today's environment. What is the point spending a small fortune in a phone and a mobile provider of you can't use you device and apps abroad? Sometimes I'm struggling to even read the news due to pathetic speeds
Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I see you have posted it in the Ideas section @Anonymous Well done for that. I expect it will be looked at by the community team on Monday http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/Introduction-of-enhanced-TRAVEL-package/idi-p/985685

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'll go take a look now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Great to hear about this and I'd like to see if I can pass on your kind words. If so, please send me a private message and we can have a chat. Welcome to the community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 15

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous@jonsie

I bet if o2 charges you the full price for Data it would be the same speed as locals get.

Its a shame that o2 have done this and I've been complaining now for a couple of years and this year while in Dublin for the day, I struggled to send an IMessage. It wouldn't send iMessage with pics at all and browsing on Twitter wouldn't load pics and some other apps failed to even load due to slow speeds,

I love o2 here in the UK. I get superb coverage and 4G pretty much everywhere apart from 1 Pub lol, but going abroad, wow it's a different story and don't both to write your story as it goes no where.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 15 of 15