cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Bar, MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Yesterday a bar was put on my phone, this is due to me travelling to India next week and wanting to avoid charges.

Since the bar was applied, I cannot send MMS texts. They just keep saying 'Sending' and a no network error pops up.

Does anyone know how I can now revoke this bar? Also, once it is off - if I've been sent MMS messages, will these then arrive within my inbox?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Did O2 place the bar on the phone for you? if so you would have to ring them to lift it I presume.

Once the bar is lifted all other MMS should come in unless the time period has expired.

I have never had a bar put on my phone but do turn mobile data off when roaming. Until I turn it back on.I don't get MMS at all...(just the message)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Did O2 place the bar on the phone for you? if so you would have to ring them to lift it I presume.

Once the bar is lifted all other MMS should come in unless the time period has expired.

I have never had a bar put on my phone but do turn mobile data off when roaming. Until I turn it back on.I don't get MMS at all...(just the message)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. Yes, O2 put the bar on, so I'll call once the lines are open to have this cancelled.

It was more of a worry that I'll not get sight of any MMS texts through if any wee sent yesterday.

Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To receive and send MMS style texts you do also need 'Mobile Data' to be turned on in the phones settings.

As said all you need to really do is then turn off your Mobile Data in the phones settings ,and if you have O2 Voicemail turned on, then de activate it before leaving the Uk by dialling 1760 from your phone.

On your return to the Uk dial 1750 to re activate Voicemail.

Tip -> Use Wifi when and where you can.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like they have added a gprs bar.MMs run on gprs so they are affected also. My guess is that if you try to use anything that runs on data (apps,browser,etc...) it will give you the same error message.

My advice would be to call 202 24h before you travel to get the bars added, don't wait until you are abroad.

Message 5 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
But the op was not in India at the time?
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not sure what happened here but it seems to me that the advice given earlier in the post was the solution. Perhaps the OP can come back and clarify exactly what was done other than following the advice given by @Cleoriff 

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as the op didn't come back I'll clarify. The was still in the UK, she was going to India in a weeks time and decided to ring o2 to bar gprs so that she wouldn't incur in any accidental data charges .she was now trying to use mms and it wouldn't work. As you both well known mms runs on gprs, so it was also stopped when the bar was added. That's why I told her to get it lifted and then added just before she went. 

Message 8 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Which is what @Cleoriff correctly advised in Post 2.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I knew the Op was still in the UK...she made that clear in her opening post...

I asked her if she had requested O2 to place the bar on her phone? She replied they had so I suggested she needed to contact O2 to get it lifted as she was worried she wouldn't be getting MMS before she travelled to India.....(Obviously it would be up to her to get the bar placed back on before she flew the following week..)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17