Did you mean: 

Rewards: Nomination idea

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We recently held an open discussion on rewards and you all contributed beautifully, giving us lots to work on behind the scenes (charity, points, how we present the rewards, etc), but one thing I wanted gauge thoughts on the idea of nominations. Its an idea I've been thinking about since @Anonymous 's post here.

It consists of a nomination system, where all of you can nominate a post, guide, review, joke or whatever else you can think of to us via an open thread or PM:

- Myself or a member of the community team posts a thread asking for nominations before the usual rewards are calculated at the end of each month.

- You then either make a post on the thread, or send a PM to me with your suggestion. We'd never want to force a\nyone to do this publicly slight_smile

- We then collate the nominations and pick the most popular. They would then receive a reward of a certain amount (undecided)

The idea of this is for us to be able to reward posts of a great quality, rather than just helpful activity in general. Also, we have many members who post less regularly, but still have fantastic insights and points to make when they do make a post. We want to celebrate that.

What are all of your thoughts on this? Is it s a nice thing to do? Does it promote favouritism? How would you do it differently (if at all)?

I'm eager to hear your thoughts. I'm personally very invested in this, but you're the ones who's opinions count a whole lot more wink

I hope that all makes sense!

that-doesn-amp-039-t-make-sense_o_1520771.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is okay @Anonymous - I don't think it is ever going to happen anyway. 😃
Message 31 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I see no reason why not.
Message 32 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I see no reason why not.

Nor me. It was the community team that first proposed the idea so I think it will happen. It certainly needs fine tuning though. I think they will need to provide a shortlist of posts for us to vote on. If not, you could have a scenario where 100 people could vote for a 100 completely different posts....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was referring to the monthly judging panel idea, not the overall nominations for awards suggestion.
Message 34 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I was referring to the monthly judging panel idea, not the overall nominations for awards suggestion.

Oh I see. I think you are probably right. Any panel would probably spend a month judging Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the whole thing is over complicated. We come on here with a genuine interest in mobile and to help. Not to get a small cash reward.

Blimey if @MI5 was to be "rewarded" for the amount of time he spends on here each month based on minimum wage then he would take up the whole budget each month and then some.

Look at the rewards we get now. Then add Try The Tech and the benefits are then clear to see.
Message 36 of 36