Did you mean: 

Rewards: Nomination idea

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We recently held an open discussion on rewards and you all contributed beautifully, giving us lots to work on behind the scenes (charity, points, how we present the rewards, etc), but one thing I wanted gauge thoughts on the idea of nominations. Its an idea I've been thinking about since @Anonymous 's post here.

It consists of a nomination system, where all of you can nominate a post, guide, review, joke or whatever else you can think of to us via an open thread or PM:

- Myself or a member of the community team posts a thread asking for nominations before the usual rewards are calculated at the end of each month.

- You then either make a post on the thread, or send a PM to me with your suggestion. We'd never want to force a\nyone to do this publicly slight_smile

- We then collate the nominations and pick the most popular. They would then receive a reward of a certain amount (undecided)

The idea of this is for us to be able to reward posts of a great quality, rather than just helpful activity in general. Also, we have many members who post less regularly, but still have fantastic insights and points to make when they do make a post. We want to celebrate that.

What are all of your thoughts on this? Is it s a nice thing to do? Does it promote favouritism? How would you do it differently (if at all)?

I'm eager to hear your thoughts. I'm personally very invested in this, but you're the ones who's opinions count a whole lot more wink

I hope that all makes sense!

that-doesn-amp-039-t-make-sense_o_1520771.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I like the idea and as long as it was checked to make sure it wasn't being abused I'd say give it a shot and see how it works out slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Would this be in addition to the current Reward system @Toby ?

I personally think it's a good idea.... if monitored fairly.

Would the community team be giving us a 'shortlist' of posts to consider for this award?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"- You then either make a post on the thread, or send a PM to me with your suggestion. We'd never want to force a\nyone to do this publicly :smileyhappy:"

What I find distinctly odd is that there seems to be an aversion to do things in the open on this Community.

PMs are used extensively for secret communications.

Have faith in your convictions and don't be afraid to publicise them.....there will always be someone who disagrees with you......but always someone like-minded who will agree with you.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I nominate gerry,
Makes you lot up there earn your keep.
Failing that, I nominate viridis for thinking of someone else before himself.
Message 5 of 36

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I vote for pedro.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
I vote for pedro.

Me too.   (BTW Who is pedro?)

Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally the idea doesn't really float my boat. There are so many posts on here and to be honest most of the super tech stuff comes from a few regular contributors (I don't begrudge them getting rewards, they do so much on here). So I don't see the value.

I also see it being open to abuse.

Personally I prefer the charity option. Love @MI5's way, generally gets £50 reward and sends it on to his nominated charity (and probably gift aids it too so £62.50 most months - fabulous).
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Personally the idea doesn't really float my boat. There are so many posts on here and to be honest most of the super tech stuff comes from a few regular contributors (I don't begrudge them getting rewards, they do so much on here). So I don't see the value.

I also see it being open to abuse.

Hi @Anonymous As to the "value", the thinking, as I understand it, is to widen the system of rewards so that it is not confined to the "few regular contributors" who as you rightly say produce most of the "super tech stuff".

As to the potential for abuse,  I do not think it is any more likely to be abused than the current system and I have certainly not seen or heard any complaints about that. Unless or until proven otherwise I for one am  satisfied that the Community Management Team are beyond reproach in that regard. 

Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fair enough @Gerry. Differing opinions are healthy. We don't all agree, it is how we disagree that matters.

Keep the debate live and healthy.
Message 10 of 36