cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Texts to & from various mobiles

Anonymous
Not applicable

My family & friends are all experiening multiple text messages being sent and received today. Is there a problem with the network somewhere in Scotland. Most mobiles are showing that the text has failed however, multiple charges are occurring as the texts are actually being transmitted.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an ongoing issue with sending and receiving sms, as giffgaff use O2 as a network provider they will also be affected.

It doesn't affect all customers and there's no particular area of the Country affected, It's random.

It has been reported and worked on since yesterday.

Message 8 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check http://status.o2.co.uk to see if mast issues exist.

Sometimes a sim swap carried out by an O2 shop can help.

Check with o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to check your account.

Do you not get texts as part of your allowances ?
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is already a thread running today on this theme.

Can this be merged? Flagged
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their are a few threads recently saying the same is happening.

Ie http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/REPEATED-MESSAGES/m-p/843285#M59538

With this in mind it's probably not a sim card error.
Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
It is being reported on the giffgaff forum too so most probably a network error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing me towards the threads already on this issue. bsk69 quotes the Fife area and that's where most of our contacts are having the problem.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the very least your now aware you are not on your own with this issue.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an ongoing issue with sending and receiving sms, as giffgaff use O2 as a network provider they will also be affected.

It doesn't affect all customers and there's no particular area of the Country affected, It's random.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the position as regards allowances?  Are repeated messages counted as part of a tariff allowance (assuming of course that some customers do not have unlimited SMS)?   If so will they be reimbursed or would that be a bridge too far? 

Message 9 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
giffgaff users are moaning that it is taking additional texts off their allowances too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17