cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I pre ordered an iPhone 7 and after the fiasco of the non delivery of my handset for pick up at the local O2 shop and then the texts saying prepare for a long wait I rang around other local O2 shops and discovered some stock. So I cancelled the one on pre order, no problem after the 30 minute wait on the phone to CS and account was reset as upgrade eligible by the time I got to Chester (around 20 minutes). I was told a refund of the £59.99 may take up to 5 working days. On the 7th working day nothing had been received so I rang again, got through after another half hour wait to a call centre in South Africa, went through my issue told me they would resend my refund request but may take 10 working days. Fast forward to 11 working days later I rang again as no refund received. At this point I demanded to speak to a manager, which they obliged by putting someone saying they were a manger on the line. Went through the rigmarole of my issue again, mention I was making an official complaint to the complaints department and was considering involving the ombudsman now too. They say they resubmitted my refund request and 5 working days should suffice. So after the call an email was sent to the O2 complaints department in the 10/10/16 all I've received so far is the generic received your email reply and give us 10 working days to respond (what is it with o2 and 10 working days). So fast forward to this past Monday morning, no refund yet again, marking the start of the 5th week with no refund. A call again to South Africa, resubmitted claim again they say, 5 working days they say. Well today marks that day and no refund received. They admit they owe me £59.99 for the cancelled pre order, they have never denied that. Would I or my credit rating get away with owing O2 £59.99 for going on 6 weeks? No, not a chance. Just feeling the need to vent. Did anyone else who cancelled an iPhone 7 pre order have an issue with getting a refund? I'm now considering billing O2 for my time spent chasing this matter up. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled my pre order on the 18/10/16 due to waiting nearly six weeks as i was told i would have to wait another six weeks till they could get the JB to me. Which would mean end of november early december. They advised that i make a new order with a different colour and i would get it quicker. So i did that and i recieved confirmation and and to repay the deposit of £59.99. I was told it would take 5 working days to get the deposit back but after reading this im not hopful of recieving the deposit back on this coming tuesday or recieving the phone before the 1st November. Main Reason with O2 is because of the family plan we have under one account. Apple are controling the stock but O2 could do more with the updates maybe people would react better.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emailed the CEO a copy of my post too. Not expecting anything back but sometimes it just helps to vent.

My handset set has since developed a fault with crazy battery drain, diagnostic at the Apple Store nearest to me showed something using 10% of the battery every hour of the day and night and can drain half the battery whilst I'm asleep. They agreed something was wrong and none of the things I tried, restoring phone from new from both the desktop and the laptop and over the air and building the phone back up, downloading all apps individually not going anywhere near my saved back ups on iTunes or iCloud to no avail. They agreed to swap the handset as I was outside my 39 days with O2 having to replace it, however they themselves have no stock of the 128GB in black so if Apple themselves are struggling for stock I wouldn't hold my breath for any network getting one soon either. That said this is a replacement so possibly I'm way down the queue of priorities for them. But rest assured I'll be ringing my point of contact at Apple weekly!

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also facing refund issues, O2's customer service is absolutely disgusting. It has been 14 days since they received my iPhone 7 but i have still not been refunded. Each time i contact them, i am given false assurances.

They first told me on the 15/10/16 that the return has been processed and i will recieve my refund within two days, I then contacted them on 25/10/16 and was told the refund request was not completed and that a new request has been submitted meaning that i have to wait another 7 days from that date - i believe.  Reading your post justified the beliefs i had on this atrocious company.

Quick to take money but late with refunding, nothing but fraudsters. 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I emailed the CEO and got a response from his office. Which I admit I didn't expect. Within 2 hours of that response I had received the reply from the official complaint I had made through the complain to us section 2 weeks ago and an emailed receipt for the refund which was in my bank account next working day. Coincidence? Maybe. But after this experience my cynicism which I admit is usually high anyway was operating at much higher levels. Anyway, I'm just glad it's done, 6 weeks it took. With a £20 credit to my account as an apology. I'm just too sick and tired of dealing with CS to try get anything more out of them for the delay and hours spent chasing them up for my money, just glad to have what was mine in the first place paid back to me. The report speaks CS had been filling in the wrong form at their end. The wrong form 4 times! Only the last person I spoke to did it correctly and it was the only call I was asked for my payment details on so maybe.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Always a response from the CEOs office. We don't advise contacting them just as a way of another route. Hopefully all good now.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's not normally an action I would take but when you spoke to as many CS agents and managers as I did (who I appreciate don't actually work for O2) and getting no where and getting no sense from anybody what do you do? Also factor in the time spent doing it which in the 6 weeks it took to get my refund must run into hours.  It doesn't matter whether it was a relatively small amount of money or 10 times what I was owed, the fact is they owed me my money back. As stated in my initial post, would I get away with owing them £59.99 for 6 weeks? Would my credit rating suffer? Answer to those being no and very much so. Sometimes you just have to go to the top. Yes it's all sorted now but the whole episode from ordering the phone to finally getting my money back was a farce.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's a story we hear often unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9