Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh due on the 25th

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I went to an o2 store today to try and find out what are their plans of fulfilling their promise of our refresh upgrades on the 25th as we were not allowed to preorder. The assistant told me we will get our phones in December!!!!
When I tried to find out what all this means in terms of our contract as we signed up under premise of free handset after 12 months and now we have to pay 3 more instalments on the old phone he had no answer and actually just walked off before I had even finished my sentence!
O2 have really messed this up and clearly do not place any value on old customers and don't care whether we stay with them or not!
I am speechless! All the aggro and bad feeling would have been avoided had they allowed us to reserve our models on the 9th like they did their new customers.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Can I just clarify that you've spoken to a manager, and they've not resolved your complaint?

If so, this is the next step in the complaints process. This is what it says.

"If you've spoken to a manager and you're not satisfied with how we've handled your complaint, the Complaint Review Service can help – they'll carry out an impartial review of your complaint.

We'll help you escalate your complaint or you can contact our Complaint Review Service directly by email or post."

O2 Complaint Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

I'm entirely sure about that email address tbh as I know that 02 stopped email contact. It may be that this is still valid though.

In your shoes, I'd write a stiffly worded letter and send it by a trackable method. Next day delivery by royal mail will cost a few quid (it's about £7.25 for a letter) but guarantee that they receive it.

I'd be annoyed like you are as it seems this iPhone release has been an unmitigated disaster for loads of ppl.

Let us know how things pan out.

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

If you feel you've been treated badly, I urge you to make a complaint.

Follow this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 8

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I tried but they refuse to put you through to anyone in managerial position- spoke to upgrades and customer service. Both repeat the same mantra. "Nothing we can do". They have no answer to the question why loyal customers did not get a look in and are last in the queue - now they have added a caveat that the shop you take your old phone to will decide based on the condition of your phone! I don't recall anything about that when I joined. Anyway mine is pristine pretty much as has been inside a case the whole time and never dropped etc but you never know how they are playing this. According to them no one knows when stock arrives and to which stores as we still can't order on the phone or online tomorrow. It has to be a shop. Surely someone at o2 knows where and when they distribute but they claimed on the phone there is no way to access that information. Speaking to them is like speaking to a robot- if you leave the "script" they are lost. Never in my time with this company have I experienced this level of unwillingness to help a customer and give clear information!
Message 3 of 8

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Can I just clarify that you've spoken to a manager, and they've not resolved your complaint?

If so, this is the next step in the complaints process. This is what it says.

"If you've spoken to a manager and you're not satisfied with how we've handled your complaint, the Complaint Review Service can help – they'll carry out an impartial review of your complaint.

We'll help you escalate your complaint or you can contact our Complaint Review Service directly by email or post."

O2 Complaint Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

I'm entirely sure about that email address tbh as I know that 02 stopped email contact. It may be that this is still valid though.

In your shoes, I'd write a stiffly worded letter and send it by a trackable method. Next day delivery by royal mail will cost a few quid (it's about £7.25 for a letter) but guarantee that they receive it.

I'd be annoyed like you are as it seems this iPhone release has been an unmitigated disaster for loads of ppl.

Let us know how things pan out.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the same contract, i went it to get my new device today. However, like you said they've added that clause, which wasn't anywhere to be heard or seen from them or their advertisements when I purchased the contract. So my phone had a small scratch on the screen and they turned me away. o2 are awful, I had a feeling they would do something like this. Only reason I chose this contract was because of the yearly upgrade.

Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Please can somebody tell me this new clause that prevents me upgrading next week I am due from tuesday on my 6s (source of this clause please) Link to the T&C please 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Not ever been able to speak to a manager. They said they could not put me through to one as "they were in a meeting".
I asked what time they would be available- no answer.
They are a shambles and do anything to avoid taking any responsibility over the disaster they created.
Message 7 of 8

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In a shop today they allowed me to make a reservation- earliest date 30 November! It is just unbelievable- they will now charge me two extra months for the old handset! They make more money and the customers lose. O2 used to be a really nice company to deal with once upon a time but each year it gets a little worse. This year has taken the prize. After all this I cannot say I could recommend this company to anyone. It is not o2s fault that Apple made a mess but it is their fault that they threw their old loyal customers under a bus so to speak by refusing them to pre-order their refresh upgrades. Now every new customer is getting their before the customers who have supported o2 for many years. Something wrong here.

Message 8 of 8