cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Annoyed customer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Up until today, i thought that o2 were a decent company, now i see that they are just like all the rest of the thieving telecom companies, who commit fraudulant activity around the UK,.

Let me explain.

In Jan 2014 i started taxying, and purchased a contract, 2 year, with a nexus 5 phone, for £27 per month.

In sept 2014 i left the job due to earnings being crap, and not being able to support myself.. ie £150 for 80+ hours a week.

Up until December 8th my bills were paid every single month.

On december 8th my bill was due, i couldnt pay it.. on the 22nd december o2 turned off my phone.

on december 27th i tried to pay the bill via the automated payment line, but couldnt (phone turned off). also i had no internet at the time.

Now i have no objection to them turning the phone off, even though it was pretty quick 14 days.. when i was doing this it was 28 days minimum before termination could be processed..

anyway, as i said, no problem

Today jan 22 2015 i paid my entire bill in full.. (£65) that is the december payment and the jan payment *which isnt yet overdue.

i phone o2 to be told in no uncertain terms,. You NEED TO PAY A RECONNECT FEE..

WWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTT

Im sorry.. but

1. i pay you £27 a month for a phone, I normally use no where near the amount of alloted minutes..

2. i have a 2 year contract.. ie YOU ARE BY LAW, OBLIGED TO PROVIDE ME WITH ANOTHER YEAR ON THE CONTRACT

3, disconnecting someone, and then charging them for reconnection is paramount to fraudulant activity.. (good money making scam)

NOW..

As i said, i have no problem with the disconnection..

my problem comes from the fact, i am no longer working, i am struggling but managing to pay the monthly bills.. I have one year to go on the contract, and now you demand more money (*EVEN THOUGH THE BILL IS CLEAR) Sorry not going to happen.

I am currently speaking with legal representation with regards to this..

i was basically told on the phone,.. either pay the connection fee, or pay the contract off.. (and people wonder why people end up in debt)

I still have a 12 month contract.. IF YOU ARE REFUSING TO RECONNECT THE PHONE< YOU ARE IN BREACH OF THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT.

not me.......!!!

Keith

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
There's always payg for those that disagree with contractual terms, probably why the prepay services continue to be popular.
Message 41 of 46

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
There's always payg for those that disagree with contractual terms, probably why the prepay services continue to be popular.

Good point, but, again, all depends. For example, on Pay&Go:

1) I would likely end up paying more for the same amount of minutes/data, even if I was to constantly buy bundles (this could vary depending on your network and usage pattern).

2) Would not be able to use certain services like TuGo on O2 or call diverts (for most networks except 3 and giffgaff).

I do understand, that signing up to whatever contract is my concious choice at the end of the day, and it's up to me to make sure that this contract suits my needs before I do sign. But that still does not change my opinion on how imbalanced and not quite fair towards consumers these contracts are.

Message 42 of 46

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Contracts being what they re sre always tailored to the contractor rather than the contractee no matter what commodity. There are so many things to be aware of that it's vital to look at all the small print before agreeing the terms. Once a contract is taken out it's too late to worry about the terms and conditions we initially sign up for.

Message 43 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@cyrillicguy ......why not submit your purchase contract to O2 with clauses that you require and see if it's accepted ?  wink

Actually this could work. 

The way to do it would be to place your order in writing to o2 enclosing a purchase order with your terms and conditions on. If the order is accepted without any other interaction then o2 will be deemed to accept the terms the order was placed on. 

Message 44 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Unless they then come back to you requesting acceptance of their contract wink

You can always then send a slightly amended 2nd version of yours back to O2 Dance

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 45 of 46

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@cyrillicguy ......why not submit your purchase contract to O2 with clauses that you require and see if it's accepted ?  wink

Actually this could work. 

The way to do it would be to place your order in writing to o2 enclosing a purchase order with your terms and conditions on. If the order is accepted without any other interaction then o2 will be deemed to accept the terms the order was placed on. 

That just reminded me of this story which has happened in Russia some time ago: slight_smile

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/russian-rewrites-credit-agreement-sues-bank_n_3728105.html

Message 46 of 46