cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung Tab S 10.5 out of the box Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I am going to write a review of the Tab s 10.5 when I have had it for at least over a week. But for this review its just what my thoughts are out of the box now its on charge.

Firstly, I thought I tell you the reason why i thought about buying the tab and what made me buy the Samsung vs the Ipad Air.

I main reason of buying a Tablet so big was for the films or TV shows that are popular to watch, especially in bed.  I have a phone yes I have the LG G3 and you could ask why with a screen 5.5" and QHD screen?  Well that's easy, its just not big enough. I just find with small screens in bed are really impossible to watch and just don't seem right.  So I wanted a big screen which I am impressed with the quality of the 10.5" with the super AMOLED.

The Ipad Air is the obvious alternative choice been a 9.7" screen with full retina screen.  Which is really good, but I have a problem with Apple, you have to pay for most of there products as they think that they cost more than any other in the market. As always its all about profit as my opinion, there product's would have cost me more on the contract and more on the device plan. Their is nothing wrong with the Ipad, but why in the world would I pay more for something than something I can get cheaper with the same or even better product else where.

The feel of the Tab S 10.5 is surprisingly light. considering it had a 7,900 mAh battery I was expecting this to be have some weight, but no, and this makes it really nimble in hand to change position from landscape to portrait.  There is no obvious lag in changing screen with the on board 1.9GHz quad Core and the 1.3GHz Quad Core processor. you can be using one core from either or all 8 at one time if required.

My first impression is really exceptional, and its great as I can have same apps installed on the phone as on the Tab and be able to see them with ease.

There is a lot I have not mentioned as yet, like the huge 3GB of RAM and how the camera works in pic and video.  Also, how the interface works in full.  This will be done in the near future.

Any questions lease do ask I will answer them best I can, it is also first time I have reviewed a product so please be gentle.

Paul Mexican Wave

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Excellent start - looking forward to hearing more slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Lovely 'out of the box' start Paul. I actually do like reviews to be a personal experience from the user. I can buy a magazine if I wanted any other type of review. It is your device so its how YOU feel and what YOU experience that matters.

As I said yesterday I am looking to buy a tablet for a family birthday next year so I will be looking forward to reading the rest of it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I agree it's a really nice tablet and its good to hear your finding the tablet a worthy device.

Really looking forward to more once you've used it a while.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just aquired one as well. Would be interested to hear if anyone has a flash player plug in to work with Opera mobile browser, or any other for that matter - seems Adobe have discontinued support of this feature for Android in general.

Also having issues registering TU Go app - password not accepted as per thread I started on the subject.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow!!! You got it @Anonymous !!! Smiley Very Happy and I can feel the excitement in your "out of the box".

Somehow I get the feeling the little "O2 Community bug" as been plated, and we are going to be seeing a lot in the future....:smileywink:

Message 6 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great job here Paul!

Its your first one as you say, but it seems that everyone agrees that you've written an awesome review. Feel free to create any more you like slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just aquired one as well. Would be interested to hear if anyone has a flash player plug in to work with Opera mobile browser, or any other for that matter - seems Adobe have discontinued support of this feature for Android in general.

You still need flash?

Support was stopped 2+ years ago and most websites now use HTML5 which does not require flash.

Chrome doesn't even support flash even if you sideload it and I'm not even sure the stock Sammy app will either but you can try it by downloading from here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply and explanation, but yes I do need flash player. Had already tried the legacy version you linked to but as you suggest it will not work.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No other mobile solutions now that I know of, sorry. What do you need it for?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11